7" Sunlight Readable Monitor ETA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7" Sunlight Readable Monitor ETA?

I went to order one today and they are now out-of-stock. Any idea when they will be back in stock?
    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

So no one of the store staff has any idea when these monitors will be back in stock?
    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

You could always call the store...
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I apologize for the inconvenience we are looking at a 2-3 week lead time before we have some more 7 in trans in stock.

Most of the next batch that we have coming in are already spoken for so if I may suggest you should put in a order to hold one for yourself

Comment

It says in stock now. So in my order went!
          That means mine will ship right?
          SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
          GPSing - Digital Speedo
          Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
          Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Wow, it's allready out for delivery today.
            I can't wait to see how it looks.
            SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
            GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Great, I got it today, looks great.
              Go to hookup touchscreen and not working on my PC. Mouse was shaking in one spot.
              So I go downstairs, hook it up to my other PC. Same thing.

The bezal is screwed on too tight and pushing down on the touchscreen leaving it totally unusable. I have emailed the store and waiting for a reply.
              Since it's under warranty, I'm not touching it and letting them fix it.

I really think I shouldn't have to be responsible for shipping since it was defective when I received it and they should really test out $680 dollar screens before they ship them IMO. Where is quality control?

I'll let you know what happens. And how long turn around is.....
              GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Hhhmmmmm... This is a concern as I consider getting one shipped to Australia.
                Please keep us informed of any progress LESLIEx317537.

Cheers,

Long.1
                Worklog: 2006 Ford Territory Ghia (Melbourne, Australia)
                Mounting Components in Custom Carputer Box
                Attention Aussie's - Say G'day Here

Comment

Yea, well since it's the weekend, I tried calling and got the store is closed message.
                  I will try back on the weekday and see what happens. I'll keep you informed. Just a bummer, cause I would have liked to used it this weekend at home to play with. I plan on taking it apart after the 90 day warrnty is up to put in a WRX enclosure.
                  GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Did you notice the transflective enhancement?

Comment

Yes, the transreflective looks great.

I shined my Cree flashlight on it, and you can still see the screen. It looks nice for a small LCD.

Problem is my touchscreen isn't working properly since it's being shorted out, or pushed by the bezal when they reassembled the monitor.

I have emailed them, and haven't gotten a reply in 4 days so far. I've been calling and getting store is closed message. I called just now. Tuesday 11am, and left a voicemail with my email and cell number after being on hold for 10 minutes.
                      So far, I'm not too happy after spending 680 dollars.

If they don't call back, I will not be very happy and will take further action.
                      GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

So I caled again, but choose sales this time instead of customer service since most likely they wanna make sales more than help people on customer service line.
                        Got someone, told him my issue, said they are out of stock, and repair was best option. He said to try loosening the bezal screws and I said that didn't help. He seemed to understand the touchscreen issue asking me if I was able to calibrate it and if the mouse was stuck. I said the mouse was stuck making the touch beeping noise.
                        He then wrote up a RMA for me and said asking technician if they are anything else I can try.
                        Even though I have to pay for return shipping, the person on the phone was very helpful, nice, and informative.
                        I just need to ship it out now, and wait.
                        I'll update this post when I get it back and let you know how it works.
                        GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Sorry, that's BS that you have to pay for return shipping on a DOA item, especially a $680 screen...

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537 View Post
                            Great, I got it today, looks great.
                            Go to hookup touchscreen and not working on my PC. Mouse was shaking in one spot.
                            So I go downstairs, hook it up to my other PC. Same thing.

The bezal is screwed on too tight and pushing down on the touchscreen leaving it totally unusable. I have emailed the store and waiting for a reply.
                            Since it's under warranty, I'm not touching it and letting them fix it.

I really think I shouldn't have to be responsible for shipping since it was defective when I received it and they should really test out $680 dollar screens before they ship them IMO. Where is quality control?

I'll let you know what happens. And how long turn around is.....

I have the same problem if the mounting tabs holding the lcd to the bezel are screwed too tight.

Comment

Yea I got the screen back on the 9th. And so far it is working properly. But yea sucks that I had to pay 15 buks to ship it back. (I insured it with UPS.)

This was obviously not my fault, and a fault on their part.
                              GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Working...
                              X