Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006/2007 Lilliput 7 inch vs new 2008 Lilliput 7' inch

Hello

I have a Lilliput 7 " 629GL but I dont know if it is the 2006/7 model or the 2008 model. Is there a way I could be sure? Thanks for any replies.

I'm looking for a full review of the 2008.

The mp3car store pictures look drastically different, but then again, it could be marketing.

With that said:

There is nothing printed on it to indicate a version?

Comment

2008 model is LED backlit...pretty big difference there.

On most electronics, on the back side, there's a sticker that shows the manufacturing date.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I would expect a pretty big difference, I was just hoping to see some home/car pictures of it.

The manufacturing date could be a cross over of 2007 when it's a 2008 version.

I'll look on the back of mine when I get home (not installed yet).

It's a shame it's not the 701 model...would make it easy to drop a new one in. Hopefully I'm satisfied post install enough not to be envious of the availability of a better screen for only $60ish more than I paid.

If you found your answer, please update the thread~

Comment

I just got my lilliput shipped (haven't received it yet) and as soon as it was shipped, the new version came out. that *****es me off. is there a way I can get the new one (for free preferably)
          Planning {[][][][][][][][][][]} 100%
          Funding {[][][][][][][][][][]} 100%
          Construction {[][][][][][][][][][]} 60%

Comment

OK here's my problem,

Check:
            http://www.lilliputuk.com/joomla/ind...=75&Itemid=101
            and
            http://www.lilliputweb.net/ts629.html

The stats from the websites quote these monitors as only:
            Contrast : 250:1
            Brightness : 350 cd/m2

Has someone bought one of these from Mp3Car does the box say contrast 500:1 and 400cd/m2 brightness?

I don't mind paying the extra $80 for the extra brightness but I just want to make sure it's not a gimmick or typo!

Thank you!!!

Comment

Per the page on the store:

http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Show=TechSpecs

Some manuals have not been changed and may say incorrectly that the ratio is 200:1.
              We have contacted Lilliput directly and have confirmed that they have not updated some of their documentation.

We've noticed this on the new Xenarc boxes as well...two different manufacturers...neither have updated their packaging/documentation.
              Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I ordered a 7" 629 as well and recieved a 8" 889 anyone else have this problem?
                New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

If you have that issue, I'd suggest sending an email to [email protected] to get it fixed.
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

LED backlit finally makes it to production! Ill be keeping my eye on these.
                    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                      If you have that issue, I'd suggest sending an email to [email protected] to get it fixed.
                      DId that, just curious if anyone else had this issue. I understand how this can easily happen since the packaging is the same. Lilliput used one box for about 10 different models. Very easily confused.
                      New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                      New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                      "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

ONCE AGAIN, I ask has anyone actual received one of these 2008 units? Is the packaging marked 2008 and can they confirm there ARE LCD back light with a 500:1 contrast?

RedGTiVR6: As a consumer hoping to buy a "GOOD" LCD under $500 my concern is that there is no part number change. Almost every manufacturer changes there part numbers for this exact reason as to not confuse the seller or consumer of what product they are receiving! ( Please contact them again and urge them to fix there manual and part numbers, as I will not be purchasing one until I can verify that 'mp3car 2008 Lilliput LCD' sells is in fact "BETTER" then every other one out there.

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                        Per the page on the store:

We have contacted Lilliput directly and have confirmed that they have not updated some of their documentation.
                        From my experience when a company "Forgets" to update a manual they also forget to install the updated screens!!!

Comment

From what we've seen and what others who have purchased them have posted, there is a NOTICEABLE difference in the product. I'd urge you to read here for starters (linked to from the product description): http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...lilliputs.html
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

The only way to see if it's a 2008 or the previous model is by the monitor's casing. The new one's casing is wider on one side and thinner on the other. The older model has equal size sides. I have used the new ones and really can't see that much big difference in quality.

Comment

There was no change made to the Lilliput box when the 629 was upgraded to LED in 2008. So no, the box will give you zero indication regarding what model is inside.

We buy only 2008 LED backlit - and I understand production is over for the old version.
                              Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                              • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                              • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                              • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                              • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Working...
                              X