Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $529 Mp3Car Sunlight Readable Monitor

Hi Everyone,

I know there has been quite a bit of interest over the years in our Sunlight Readable Lilliput 629 monitor. I also know it’s a very expensive item and many of you would like to see a less expensive version on our store.

We are continuously looking for less expensive options. However, until we find one up to our quality standards and to help fill this need, we are going to initiate our first group buy for our existing Sunlight Readable monitor.

Here are the terms:

• The group buy price is $529 each.
    • We need at least 10 monitors to be purchased by December 18, 2009 in order for the group buy offer to be extended to everyone involved.
    • If 10 monitors are not purchased by December 18, 2009 at 12:00pm Eastern time, refunds will be granted to everyone who has purchased a monitor.
    • December 18, 2009 at 12:00 pm Eastern time is the deadline for this offer. Orders placed after this time will not be honored and refunds will be issued.
    • Prepayment of these monitors is required.
    • This link must be used to purchase these monitors: http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...ctCode=MIS-003
    • Monitors will be manufactured the first week in January and shipped by January 22, 2010.
    • The full mp3Car warranty will be applicable for these monitors.
    • See specific product details here.

Please direct any questions to this forum for clarification.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

Stephen
    Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Great price, but I am going to hold out for a commercially produced transflective screen with capacitave touch, preferably a raw panel that doesn't lose the warranty when installed. 60 day warranty is a little weak too, even if everyone voids it by opening it up.

Comment

You can get a far superior LinITX transflective for that price.

Comment

Or this one?
        https://www.xenarcdirect.com/product...cat=253&page=1 499USD

Comment

The xenarc is not transflective. It's one of the screens that tries to "out shine" the sun, rather than deflecting the light. There was a post on here about the differences between transflective, sunlight readable, and ultra bright "names" for screens a while back.
          "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
          RevFE
          My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by FirstAid View Post
            You can get a far superior LinITX transflective for that price.
            I would say inferior... By a lot. Do a side by side, and the differences are very real. The price reflects the quality (no pun intended )
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Crinos View Post

We sell that monitor on the store for $484.99
              . And, it is not as bright, we have done comparisons.
              Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
              • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
              • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
              • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
              • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

Is this based on the newest one from Lilliput? Does it has a DVI output? Auto turn on feature built in like Xenarcs?

I wonder how it compares with the top of the line mo-co-so Tranflective Lilliput.
                Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Here is a side by side comparison with a military grade sunlight readable display used in Sikorsky helicopters. Everyone has their own opinion, but we are proud of this unit.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3c...us-action.html

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
                    Is this based on the newest one from Lilliput? Does it has a DVI output? Auto turn on feature built in like Xenarcs?
                    We can probably program your unit to auto turn on if that is important to you. There is not a DVI input or output.

Comment

I for one would certainly like one to replace the one packaged with the bolt-in kit I purchased. Not that it's bad of course, but it's of course pretty much unreadable in direct sunlight.

How does this differ from the previous model in terms of innards and dimensions? Would this be a simple matter of tearing it down and replacing? Or will the actual LCD dimensions inhibit this?

While we're on it, why aren't many (very few in fact) offered with DVI or HDMI? I really don't understand this dynamic anymore with VGA being so far dated, and adapters being readily available should a purchaser need VGA only. Not that I expect anyone to know why this business model is still in play for the touchscreen manufacturers, I'm simply curious. It was odd to me a couple of years ago when I first started researching building one into my car.
                      2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS CARPC(99%)
                      Software: Ride/Road-Runner, Digital FX skin 5.x, iGuidance 2011, GPSgate on Win7 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne613 View Post
                        I for one would certainly like one to replace the one packaged with the bolt-in kit I purchased. Not that it's bad of course, but it's of course pretty much unreadable in direct sunlight.

How does this differ from the previous model in terms of innards and dimensions? Would this be a simple matter of tearing it down and replacing? Or will the actual LCD dimensions inhibit this?
                        While I may or may not jump on this, I too would like to see the internal dimensions of the LCD panel as well as the PCB and how the buttons are mounted, etc...

For my installation, I had to ensure that the PCB did NOT extend past the edges of the LCD panel.

Also, I know the dimensions between the Lilliput and Xenarc panels are different. Is there any way to incorporate some Xenarc panels into this batch for those of us with expensive custom bezels?

Originally posted by Wayne613 View Post
                        While we're on it, why aren't many (very few in fact) offered with DVI or HDMI? I really don't understand this dynamic anymore with VGA being so far dated, and adapters being readily available should a purchaser need VGA only. Not that I expect anyone to know why this business model is still in play for the touchscreen manufacturers, I'm simply curious. It was odd to me a couple of years ago when I first started researching building one into my car.
                        VGA might be dated, but it works perfectly for in the car. HDMI cables are friction fit, good luck keeping those in on a bumpy road. They WILL slide out. Not to mention there simply is no need for an HDCP compliant connection, it's not like you are watching bluray movies while driving. Not to mention HDCP compliancy driving up the cost of the monitor itself. VGA/DVI adapters add at least another inch and a half to the space required behind equipment. In a car, that's valuable mounting space!

Comment

VGA might be dated, but it works perfectly for in the car. HDMI cables are friction fit, good luck keeping those in on a bumpy road. They WILL slide out. Not to mention there simply is no need for an HDCP compliant connection, it's not like you are watching bluray movies while driving. Not to mention HDCP compliancy driving up the cost of the monitor itself. VGA/DVI adapters add at least another inch and a half to the space required behind equipment. In a car, that's valuable mounting space!
                          I think you're assuming too much here.

First, most new MB have only DVI or DVI+HDMI outputs. In my case, I AM using a DVI/VGA adapter right now in a very limited space that could be used for something else, because my board has only DVI and HDMI outputs, and my Xenarc only has VGA.

Secondly, DVI is all digital, but as secure as VGA. So no issues with bumpy roads there.

Thirdly, if you going to use multiple monitors in your car, it's nice to have your main display all digital, so that you can free up anolog outputs for the rear screens.

So no DVI is a deal braker for me. Lilliput already has the exact same 629 GL with DVI output, why can't mp3car work with that? Maybe they will in the future, so maybe I'll wait.

I'm tempted, but LCD displays are so cheap nowadays, I can't understand why Xenarc and Lilliput keep the same prices going (I know the mods mp3car is doing is worth it, just not sure about the monitors they chose to work with). I mean, Xenarcs run for about the same price since 2007, where you could buy a 15" LCD tv for $400, now you can buy a 32" or more for that price. The 700TSV should be $100 bucks by now.
                          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Does this have the auto-backup-camera switch like the regular 629?

Can you post a better photo than what is at http://store.mp3car.com/PhotoGallery...ctCode=MON-052 ? I can't make out the buttons on the left, and it would be nice to see the back also, as well as the actual connections. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
                              I'm tempted, but LCD displays are so cheap nowadays, I can't understand why Xenarc and Lilliput keep the same prices going (I know the mods mp3car is doing is worth it, just not sure about the monitors they chose to work with). I mean, Xenarcs run for about the same price since 2007, where you could buy a 15" LCD tv for $400, now you can buy a 32" or more for that price. The 700TSV should be $100 bucks by now.
                              Contrary to what you may or may not know. Prices are not normally set by the retailer. In fact MSRP is generally what you pay at a retailer. Maybe slightly less. These prices are set so that there is no unfair competition. If walmart wanted to, they could drop the price of there 50" LCD tv's to $400.00, sell millions shutdown best buy and still rake in tons of cash. The reality is though a responsible manufacturer will kill that in an instant if they like selling there products and making money. Lilliput dictates prices to MP3CAR, mp3car lists there product in exchange for knowing that others are not going to kill there ability to sell the item by dropping the price far below what mp3car can afford to sell it for.

When this screen first came out I believe the price was about $750.00 it is still $729.00 which is unbelievably high and for the long time lurkers this is an outstanding deal. $550 I admit is a lot to pay for a screen. But in reality your screen is what you look at the most, you use it constantly. It should be a solid component of your install.
                              I am not defending the pricing of the screen since I believe the price could be dropped to at least $450 for a good deal. In reality this is a 7" screen, compared to the behemoth LCD panels coming out for less than a grand, $500 is pretty pricey for something 1/8 of the size of a 1080p 50inch LCD with far more features than just a simple drop in touch panel.
                              New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                              New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                              "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Working...
                              X