Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do YOU think about the Mp3Car Store?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do YOU think about the Mp3Car Store?

    We would love to know, here is a link to a quick survey: And feel free to add your thoughts here.

    In order to stay current with technology and keep competitive, we are currently looking for ways to improve the store in terms of products and services.

    We will read all of your comments and make changes accordingly.

    Thanks!
    Heather
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

    mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

    Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

  • #2
    Results from mp3Car Store Survey

    I thought that as the results come in, I could share them and I will update this post.

    So far everyone is happy with service and products.

    New Ideas for the mp3Car Store =
    1. Perhaps free training/informative courses on carputing basics, such as setup, install, fabrication, etc. Done by different forum members
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

    mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

    Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry Heather I cannot help but put suggestions for a field that I know, even if that might not pan out it would still be interesting :-)

      Comment


      • #4
        Start an app developer network where developers are able to post there apps and recieve payment if desired.
        You know an app store for carputers. Apps are popular and if people dont have access to them carputers will fall off the ledge and in to the abyss. App stores promote and show perspective hobbiests the capabilities of a carpc is a simple and easy to find way.
        Paging through forums is tedious for someone just browsing for capabilities. While browsing the android market or the iphone app store you can really see what the potential of those devices are and what the future is bringing for them.
        Android has over 20,000 apps allready. Iphone has near 100,000. People love this.
        New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
        New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
        "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ThunderStick View Post
          Start an app developer network where developers are able to post there apps and recieve payment if desired.
          You know an app store for carputers. Apps are popular and if people dont have access to them carputers will fall off the ledge and in to the abyss. App stores promote and show perspective hobbiests the capabilities of a carpc is a simple and easy to find way.
          Paging through forums is tedious for someone just browsing for capabilities. While browsing the android market or the iphone app store you can really see what the potential of those devices are and what the future is bringing for them.
          Android has over 20,000 apps allready. Iphone has near 100,000. People love this.
          This is a great idea, we will do this. Starting a new thread for this and happy to put resources towards it! Sean can get started right away.
          Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

          mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

          Feel free to pm me if you:
          • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
          • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
          • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
          • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by meryan00 View Post
            Sorry Heather I cannot help but put suggestions for a field that I know, even if that might not pan out it would still be interesting :-)
            What fields do you know? I think that if forum members are willing to create the videos which we can show on our site and YouTube, we can provide gift certificates.
            Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

            mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

            Feel free to pm me if you:
            • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
            • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
            • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
            • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

            Comment


            • #7
              Well like I said in Vegas I am an IT Director, Videographer and Public speaker, so I do quite a bit of work with everything, but Building and Maintaining computers and equipment is what I do best.

              -Ryan J.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Heather View Post
                I thought that as the results come in, I could share them and I will update this post.

                So far everyone is happy with service and products.

                New Ideas for the mp3Car Store =
                1. Perhaps free training/informative courses on carputing basics, such as setup, install, fabrication, etc. Done by different forum members
                2. Better pricing from USPS with tracking (especially CA)

                3. Answer Emails - for this one, we do answer all emails each day. So something has gone terribly wrong if you have not received an email. I suggest in this case that you PM the Store manager - Jensen2000 and check your spam filter. Many customers find that our emails were caught there.

                4. App developer store/ Showcase more software, freeware or not - we are immediately working on this, so that it will be easy for you to find and perhaps even purchase software developed by forum members.

                5. Find bigger better screens (like Avionicslcd, Hydis, tablet screen).

                6. Do something on the West Coast - travel past Las Vegas.
                Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

                mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

                Feel free to pm me if you:
                • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Heather View Post
                  1. Perhaps free training/informative courses on carputing basics, such as setup, install, fabrication, etc. Done by different forum members
                  Perhaps we can start a thread asking the community what type of training or courses they would like to see. I vaguely remember one of these started already... somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

                  Originally posted by Heather View Post
                  6. Do something on the West Coast - travel past Las Vegas.
                  I'm totally there.
                  Tidder

                  Try RevFE
                  The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.


                  I Wish I could ban people

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good idea.

                    I think i know where the list is...we built it for the competition. Ok, I will start the thread, i am going to dig up that list now.

                    Originally posted by Tidder View Post
                    Perhaps we can start a thread asking the community what type of training or courses they would like to see. I vaguely remember one of these started already... somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.



                    I'm totally there.
                    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

                    mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

                    Feel free to pm me if you:
                    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      about the videos, it would be neat to have them "professionally sorted" in a sense to keep them decent. for example, have a section showing completed installs. and in that section, people could send in clips of them walking around showing the whole vehicle.

                      or have another section called installation and show people doing things like as simple as mounting their carpc, or the numerous other things.

                      but in the end, i love a nice detailed picture/writeup thread. anytime i have done a major install, whatever forum i'm apart of, i have always done up a nice write up. with pictures and words below each picture explaining what i was doing and type up in depth what tools i was using and pretty much covered the appropriate angles with the camera so everyone could see what i was doing.

                      i wish their was a write up area where people could post out in the forum their install or modification and a moderator could put that into a "closed" thread if it was detailed enough where the original poster could "only" add on to it (no replies from other forum members) as he/she made changes down the road.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Great service and fast delivery and responses to emails. I ordered a CarPC and it was assembled within the same day I ordered it.

                        There is limited choice of VGA in-dash single DIN LCD touchscreens and the ones available on the website aren't that attractive and aren't the most reliable. Could MP3car source better parts and put a reliable, good looking product together?

                        Vehicle specific forums/parts might help you get some more enthusiasts jumping on the Car PC bandwagon

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X