RMA, fedex delivered no response from MP3car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMA, fedex delivered no response from MP3car

Alright the first time mp3car store disappointed me, they gave me a 10 dollar gift certificate (as hush-up money) in apology for their bad customer service and swore it was going to improve.

Things havent changed!!!

The 2nd time MP3 car has let me down,
    My dad bought me a Xenarc MDT-X7000t for Christmas. Sadly it had to go back. So, it takes 2 business days just to get an RMA. So then I fedex them the Xenarc. Fedex tracking shows it was delivered on January 3 at 2:34Pm. My dad still has not been contacted by mp3car. All that is required is an email from them saying they received the Xenarc. Right now I don't know anything about the monitor, other than that fedex says it was delivered.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
    My Worklog
    I'm using my carputer 100%, but I still need to make it easier to use.

have you even bothered picking up the phone and calling them? if not you really shouldnt complain. They are easily accessible on the phone and can give you all the information you need about your RMA status.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

yes, Called twice before emailing them before the RMA. Their machine says they are currently closed even though its during their supposed business hours.
      I have not called them since the RMA.
      My Worklog

Comment

It is not our policy to email/call a customer when a RMA is received. Should there be a problem with repair/replacing the unit then we would call. This is also the reason why we suggest you use a shipping method with tracking so YOU can monitor your package.

Turn around Time for a RMA is usually 3-5 Business days once received. Looks like this is the 5th business day so your Father will be contacted.

Please take note: Our process is to sit down and complete the RMA process in one sitting. To open every box that comes in to see who it belongs to, to contact that person to put it back on the shelf to repair/replace @ later time is honestly a waste of time. We say this alot but we are a small company trying to servicing a large population and for the most part it works smoothly @ times we do goof but we do make it right (lol most of the time)

Either way should anyone ever need a status of a RMA , please feel Free to contact us via email [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by moboman View Post
          Their machine says they are currently closed even though its during their supposed business hours.
          They're in Vegas.
          My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

We are running shot handed due to CES. Some of us are still here answering the phones and emails.

Comment

I sent the box to Reisterstown, Maryland.

I'm just kind of anxious you know. Get a new toy and cant play with it.
              My Worklog

Comment

They are EST.
                http://www.timetemperature.com/tzmd/reisterstown.shtml
                My Worklog

Comment

contacted at 4:10 on the 5th day.

If this took so long because of everyone being at ces, I wish the mp3car.com homepage would say something to that affect.

They said it will be another month until they get the units back in stock, that is understandable as we deal with backorders and things all the time too.
                  My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by moboman View Post
                    I mean the staff are in Vegas. At CES. Not the store.
                    My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Ya, thanks Nola.

I'm sure you know how it is when you get a new toy and then you have to wait for it.
                      I'm sorry if I have made anyone mad, but I was so exited when I unwrapped that box.
                      My Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                        have you even bothered picking up the phone and calling them? if not you really shouldnt complain. They are easily accessible on the phone and can give you all the information you need about your RMA status.
                        why should someone have to call to find out status. Logic Supply sent me an email when I had to send something back!!!! I was also able to log onto their site and it told me step by step what was happening to my return. Online ordering should stay online. Shouldnt have to waste time picking up a phone.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Mp3Car RMA Process - we will give it a look over

Everyone at Mp3Car knows what it is like to get a new toy, turn it on, and then wait for Nothing to happen. And the MDT failures in particular were really disappointing - for you as well as for us! Who enjoys processing RMAs?

It is true that we could have a clearer system for RMA processing. We do ask that customers be patient, because we are a small company focused on getting the right stuff in stock and shipping it out quickly.

I will take your comment back to the team and see if there is something we can do about creating a little more transparency.

We appreciate the comments, this is the best way you can all help us better serve the car computing community.
                          Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

Feel free to pm me if you:
                          • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                          • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                          • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                          • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

Comment

I really do not understand why it takes so long for an RMA item to go thru. The thing that sucks is that you (the customer) is sometimes anxious or in need of the item and can't really do anything to speed up the process. All one can do is to just wait and wait until they feel like processing it.

Comment

3-5 days is pretty normal. Even with newegg it doesnt go out the instant they get yours back.

They have to check to make sure everything is there. Then they probably test it to make sure it is defective and not something in your setup, then send out a new one.

This isnt a multi-billion dollar corporation, so things take longer.

Put yourself in their shoes, and you will see that RMA is a very small part of what they do. The beta test, they keep the forums alive, they are doing hardware developement, working out deals with companies, providing support, shipping orders, writing responses to these threads and so on.

And no i dont work for them...
                              Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                              1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                              30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                              15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                              Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
                              X