Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP3car customer supper with lilliput monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MP3car customer supper with lilliput monitor

    My actions (facts):

    - Purchased a Lilliput monitor from MP3Car.com.
    - Does not register touch events.
    - Tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling drivers, many times.
    - Researched this forum for other people with same problems.
    - Tried for a week to get it to work with all the information I found.
    - Emailed MP3Car customer support.
    - Waited a week.
    - Emailed again a couple times over a couple days.

    Result:
    - No response what-so-ever.

    My reaction:
    - will not purchase from mp3Car.com again.

    elias
    reptile at gmail.

  • #2
    Originally posted by sopmod View Post
    My actions (facts):

    - Purchased a Lilliput monitor from MP3Car.com.
    - Does not register touch events.
    - Tried installing, uninstalling, reinstalling drivers, many times.
    - Researched this forum for other people with same problems.
    - Tried for a week to get it to work with all the information I found.
    - Emailed MP3Car customer support.
    - Waited a week.
    - Emailed again a couple times over a couple days.

    Result:
    - No response what-so-ever.

    My reaction:
    - will not purchase from mp3Car.com again.

    elias
    reptile at gmail.
    sopmod - there must have been some confusion. We answer everyone's support tickets and we answer them within the same day almost 100% of the time. I can understand your frustration but we are happy to help. My guess is that somehow your email got lost in our junk filter.

    Jensen2000 is responding.
    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

    mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

    Feel free to pm me if you:
    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

    Comment


    • #3
      I had the same issue and figured out what was wrong. Apparently the touch screen they have on the monitors is incorrectly plugged into the main board. When you open up the Lilliput case there is a 4-pin cable that comes from the touch screen and plugs into a slide type plug on the board. on Mine the screen must be the wrong type because the pins were on the wrong side of the cable. The cable was plugged into the connector but because there are only contacts on one side of the plug they did not register. I twisted the ribbon cable 180 degrees and it worked right away. I hate having to twist the cable but it fixed the issue with no other problems

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi Elias,

        I'm very sorry about this mix up. Your email must have been caught in our spam filter. I'll look into rectifying this ASAP. Please send me a PM and we'll get this issue resolved quickly. We have no problems issuing an RMA for a defective monitor and usually are able to get RMAs turned around within 5 business days of item receipt.

        Thanks for the feedback.

        -Stephen
        Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

        Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

        Comment


        • #5
          So what was for supper, and who @ mp3car did the cooking?
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?



          Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jensen2000 View Post
            Hi Elias,

            I'm very sorry about this mix up. Your email must have been caught in our spam filter. I'll look into rectifying this ASAP. Please send me a PM and we'll get this issue resolved quickly. We have no problems issuing an RMA for a defective monitor and usually are able to get RMAs turned around within 5 business days of item receipt.

            Thanks for the feedback.

            -Stephen
            Jensen2000, I sent you a PM. Thanks much. - Elias

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
              So what was for supper, and who @ mp3car did the cooking?
              Haha, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the title!

              Comment


              • #9
                +1 and...

                This seems to be the most popular thread around, maybe we should have a Lilliput monitor supper for our customers. We have some spare parts lying around.
                Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

                mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

                Feel free to pm me if you:
                • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

                Comment


                • #10
                  I think that it might be a little crunchy, well unless you decide to put them in a crock pot for a few weeks, then it might be ok

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
                    Actually re-reading the title it looks more likely the MP3car customer was the main ingredient and the lilliput monitor was the garnish
                    Hm...good point. I am really happy that I did not fix the spelling of this post back when I moderated it two days ago!
                    Suggestions or Comments on the forums? Post here.

                    mp3Car store order questions or products that you would like to sell on the store? Email store @ mp3car.com

                    Feel free to pm me if you:
                    • Have a general comment on mp3Car's products or services
                    • Have a product you would like to have tested by the mp3Car community
                    • Have a file you would like mp3Car to host
                    • Have a cool idea that would improve the forums

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      you know like 4 people in this thread have the ability to change the title, and no one opted to do so. Think were all hungry?

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        So what was for supper, and who @ mp3car did the cooking?
                        Yeah, i have had the same question just now. Now i think it's so interesting about the title.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X