Infill G4 thoughts and comments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infill G4 thoughts and comments

That's pretty slick looking. I can only imagine how horrific the price is going to be.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Originally posted by Siezmik View Post
    That's pretty slick looking. I can only imagine how horrific the price is going to be.
    exactly.

Looks amazing. Looks like it works amazing. Looks like it will cost more than some countries' annual budget.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

But what about the screen? Do these things have an upgraded backlight, etc.?

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Guys - I moved your posts to a new thread.

The purpose of the post I was making was for specs and images...not to talk about the product or to bash it.

The product exists for the consumer, not necessarially the hobbiest.

Different things exist for different reasons. Just because it doesn't meet your needs doesn't mean it's pointless.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

here is an intersting link to all you streetdeck devolpers, and sales team .
          maybe this UNIT will be better fit for your interface than the G4

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/..._in_car_pc.php

Comment

nice!

Comment

YEah, it looks pretty, no doubt...

However, those of us who have followed this hobby for a while know better than to get all excited over a product until it's available to consumers. Just because a company unveils prototype at a show does not mean it will go into production.

For all-in-one consumer-level units, the Infill G4 is it. That may very well change in the future.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I have a hard time getting too excited over a photoshop drawing...

How many products have we seen in a drawing stage then never seen again?
                Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Perdy! What are the dimensions of this sexy piece of set it and forget it machinery? Is there still no release date? Is there any preorder or something?
                  Yes, that really IS my car, sad, though it may be, I'm putting a computer in it.

Planning 80%
                  Funding 30%

Comment

We have an internal release date goal set. We have not released any dates nor will there be a preorder on this item.

Just have faith in knowing that it will be soon.

As for dimensions, it fits within a double din slot as far as height and width go.

Depth is the same as a normal hu.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

I just noticed in this link, there claiming 3 second boot times.... ???? I'm guessing there talking about standby??? any info there?
                      MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

eh, there are many dependents. Could be after post to desktop, standby or even after post from hibernation. If you are using a slimmed down version of XP (of course) either using nLite or a TinyXP install...

I installed TinyXP Rev 05 on a VMWare machine in under 4 minutes, I dont see 3-5 second boot times being out of the question.
                        The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Comment

yeah, but these things come preloaded & set to go, sure you could nlite or tiny xp or even build your own xp embeded image, but that's not what there saying really....
                          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Right, but RedGTiVR6 did post on the forums that he has this thing booting @ 4 seconds right now.

Edit: If they ship with that kind of boot time, there is no need to nLite your install.
                            The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Comment

He who? I'm a she...and I never stated that I had it booting in 4 seconds...others from within the company have stated that they have it booting in 4 seconds (namely StreetDeck Ace).
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X