Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP3Car Infill G4 install in a 2003 Infiniti G35 (Moved Threads)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3Car Infill G4 install in a 2003 Infiniti G35 (Moved Threads)

Very nice tutorial.

Even though I don't have a G35, I'll reference this for my install later.

*bookmarked*
    The 2007 Scion tC + Infill G4 Project | DVDxml.com

Check out my install of the G4 in VW GTI http://us.ssw.com.au/daniel/Home/Car/Carputa2.aspx

Donít have street deck on there. Only because there are NO MAPS FOR AUSTRALIA!

Can you have support for 3rd party mapping solutions or make a plug-in for detonator PLEASE!!
    www.ssw.com.au

Comment

it looks good, i don;t think 2006 GTI have amps at least in U.S. versions

Infilll looks good for stand alone simplicity installation that average je can install as double din stereo, but it's still overpriced, if you want a decent audio , you cannot rely on onboard quality

Yev

Yev
      R. T. F. M

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
        Can you have support for 3rd party mapping solutions or make a plug-in for detonator PLEASE!!
        That is not part of the design plan. Sorry.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Yevmeister View Post
          it looks good, i don;t think 2006 GTI have amps at least in U.S. versions
          Really? That's strange, considering even the 2ks had built in amps...wonder what caused them to do away with it?

Infilll looks good for stand alone simplicity installation that average je can install as double din stereo, but it's still overpriced, if you want a decent audio , you cannot rely on onboard quality
          Overpriced for what? For all of the engineering and development that goes into making a unit like this? For the tooling and machinery that has to be designed and paid for to manufacture a product like this? For the special hardware that had to be designed to be able to be utilized in such a small space under such power requirements?

Please remember, these are not off the shelf parts that are used in this unit like the hobbiest grade CarPC install uses.

To design, build, test, and market a true double din head unit, you are looking at a few million in capital just to get to a point where a product is feasable.

How would you suggest a company recoup their money if they sell the product at cost? The price is WELL within reason for the product. Some preliminary market research shows that the consumer market this product is aimed for could bear a MUCH higher price than what we are releasing it at.

You cannot compare a product like this (a consumer friendly, all-in-one, drop in, ready to play unit) to a hobbiest grade install that requires a lot of research, fabrication, time to install, etc. That's comparing apples and oranges.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
          X