Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Input for G4

Greetings,

I have been reading the threads and checking out the pictures on the new G4, but I still have an outstanding question: Is there any way to get an Aux Input into the G4 from an external source such as an Ipod? I know that using a USB sound card with line-in would seem to be required, but would that also require use of an external amp? I want to use my Ipod for listening to audiobooks (audible.com) through the car speakers, but I am still trying to understand exactly what it would take to do so. Hoping those in the know here can help me out...

You can use your ipod via the usb cable with Streetdeck

Comment

Also you could get a cheap USB soundcard that you attach the analog output of the iPod to, and then just set Windows to use that soundcard only for input/recording (while the G4's onboard soundcard is used for playback).

Comment

or maybe go thru the MIC input on the back of the unit

Comment

The mic input on back works you have to enable it in windows I got mine to work this way but couldn't get my mic to work go figure going to mess with is more .
          mp3car infill g4

Comment

about the Mic Input:

is it stereo, and can set windows it to line level input method?

I have a Becker radio with really good audio Amplifiers embedded, and with a very good diversity FM radio with RDS and TMC. now i donīt know what i should use.

Beckerto infill G4 or Infill G4 to becker?

normally the best way is, i think go from Becker to Infill. So i can mixed the Audio Signal of the Becker and the navigation spoken language together.

Or should i use an additional USB sound card with good Line In?

any recomandations?

;-)?

Comment

No Idea?

Comment

yesterday i test the MIC Input with a external IPOD. It sounds good. Am I right, that the soundcard driver detect automaticly if it a MIC Signal or a Line Level Signal?

At your windows Soundcard Mixer you must use the MIC Slider (and enbale it in the recording settings)

Comment

Working...
                X