mappoint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mappoint

I purchased the G4 from mp3car with SD. Should I go ahead and purchase microsoft mappoint europe? Is it true that mappoint is the best way to go with streetdeck? Does anyone know if there is a trial version of mappoint? I don't want to spend hundreds of $ for something that doesn't work.

Thanks for your response

Map Point is the only navigation software that is supported within StreetDeck.

The G4 will not include maps for Europe. If you want Map data for Europe you will need to purchase Map Point for Europe and utilize it.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thanks,

So this would not work at all on the G4? http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/a...s.aspx?pid=001

I guess it would work on the G4 in windows but not in SD? Would that be a problem? Using autoroute in windows on the G4?

Comment

you would have to run it as an external program from StreetDeck.
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by mhk View Post
          Thanks,

So this would not work at all on the G4? http://www.microsoft.com/uk/homepc/a...s.aspx?pid=001

I guess it would work on the G4 in windows but not in SD? Would that be a problem? Using autoroute in windows on the G4?
          I don't think autoroute is compatible with the GPS in the G4, I haven't tried it though, you can always add an external USB GPS to it.
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Microsoft Streets and Trips is basically the same as Mappoint, right? So would i be able to the buy the annual update and install it or will I run into problems?

Comment

StreetDeck uses MapPoint.

S&T will not run properly within StreetDeck.
              Jan Bennett

Comment

Thanks for the 411

Comment

mappoint language

hi, I have buyed one licence of SD and mapoint europe, when I use GPS navigator it speacks in english, how to change language? I think there is a text file in SD or Mappoint with the indication ( Ex. Turn left, Turn right etc.) and the TTS read this file, can we change this file and write the indication in italian?
                  thanks

Comment

If you've purchased the lite version, then the voices are from MP Europe, not StreetDeck.

In your other post where you asked how to do this in StreetDeck, Chuck informed you that the file was not writeable.

I would contact Map Point to figure out how to change their program.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

Any word, thoughts, speculation on future Mappoint 2009 working with SD/G4?

Comment

Working...
                      X