G4 NOT Transflexsive! Wheres G5 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 NOT Transflexsive! Wheres G5 ?

When will a transflexive screen be added to the G4 setup. The G4 would be perfect if it had that one thing
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

The G4 already has a better then average screen. The G5 isn't coming out anytime soon. Probably not until sometime in 2008. I don't know what type of screen it will have, but based on what little information I have seen from Infill, it will probably have the same screen as the G4.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
      The G4 already has a better then average screen. The G5 isn't coming out anytime soon. Probably not until sometime in 2008. I don't know what type of screen it will have, but based on what little information I have seen from Infill, it will probably have the same screen as the G4.
      It still comes down to this if the G4 is trying to hit the market for people who want to install and go a sunlight readable screen will be on there list.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns View Post
        When will a transflexive screen be added to the G4 setup. The G4 would be perfect if it had that one thing
        Although that may be true, I guarantee that once that day comes (G5, G6, or whatever it is called) that there will be some other future feature that will make it perfect . So I'll enjoy my G4 in the meantime, and if I should be blessed enough with another new car with a lonely double-din in the dash I'll take a look at the new "latest and greatest".

Comment

Would you be willing to pay an additional $500 for a trans screen on a product that already retails for $2200?
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
            Would you be willing to pay an additional $500 for a trans screen on a product that already retails for $2200?
            I know i wouldn't, happy with my G4 as is

Comment

This is why i just built my own carpc.. cheaper, and i get exactly what I want1

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns View Post
                my ghetto-but-smart answer to this would be to tint your windows. I have always run limo-wrap on my cars... 1) to prevent the heat from destroying my air inside the car, 2) to keep people from seeing what is inside (GREAT anti-theft issue as well), and 3) makes it darker in there - sun is less invasive.

i currently have limo wrap on my car and have no issues seeing my NON-transflexive screen even in the middle of the day.
                <.>

Comment

2) It is proven that tinted windows actually scream "rob me" because you wouldnt tint them if there wasnt something there. I dont see too many Daewoos with tint.

3) 5% is illegal in most places for a full wrap. Sometime 5% is illegal for anypart sometimes 5% is ok as long as the front has no tint, it varies. But 5% all around is illegal in pretty much all cases except for show cars.
                  Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                  1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                  30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                  15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                  Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                    2) It is proven that tinted windows actually scream "rob me" because you wouldnt tint them if there wasnt something there. I dont see too many Daewoos with tint.

3) 5% is illegal in most places for a full wrap. Sometime 5% is illegal for anypart sometimes 5% is ok as long as the front has no tint, it varies. But 5% all around is illegal in pretty much all cases except for show cars.

my response:

* Limo tint doesn't scream "rob me"... having graphics, stickers, wings, rims, and things of that nature do. If you have a Kia or Hyundai with limo tint, i highly doubt you will be targeted by thieves. If you have an "alpine" sticker or "kicker" sticker on your car, your risk just shot up through the roof. I've had numerous cars with limo tint (3 VW GTIs, 2 Honda Civics, a Chevy Avalanche, a Mini Cooper S, and now an Audi....) and i've never been broken into... each vehicle had one heck of a system. I never put stickers on my cars.

* I know limo tint is illegal. There are many things that are illegal, but if you don't draw attention to yourself, you won't be bothered by the cops. In big urban areas, cops won't mess with your tint unless you go in "cruising" zones or look suspicious. If you're a stock car just driving around and don't have any warrants, you'll be ok. I'll re-iterate... i've had limo tint on every car i've owned for the last 14 years, and i've lived in 5 states in that time, never once gotten a ticket for tint.

EDIT: You could put the darkest LEGAL tint on and still get the desired effect of my post.... it would just reduce sun entry into your interior.
                    <.>

Comment

There is a thread on here by someone who works with convicted felons and asked them about the cars they broke into. They target cars with tinted windows because there is usually something of value, and the glass does not shatter. Just because you have not been broken into, doesnt mean anything. I have tint as well just so you know.

For my tint I had to sign the "its a showcar" waiver, but cops are very different in different parts of the US and world. The fact that neither you nor I have received a ticket from tint, does not negate the fact that many do. I highly doubt a cop will pull you over specifically for tint, but he/she would be within their rights to do so. More than likely if you are being arrogent back to them, then they will find some other offenses too.
                      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by ABTsportsline View Post
                        my ghetto-but-smart answer to this would be to tint your windows. I have always run limo-wrap on my cars... 1) to prevent the heat from destroying my air inside the car, 2) to keep people from seeing what is inside (GREAT anti-theft issue as well), and 3) makes it darker in there - sun is less invasive.

i currently have limo wrap on my car and have no issues seeing my NON-transflexive screen even in the middle of the day.

Your a newb... take of picture of this its not that I can't see it but there is a nice glare on the non transflective screen. I also have limo tint sun rapes you etheirway.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post

For my tint I had to sign the "its a showcar" waiver, but cops are very different in different parts of the US and world. The fact that neither you nor I have received a ticket from tint, does not negate the fact that many do. I highly doubt a cop will pull you over specifically for tint, but he/she would be within their rights to do so. More than likely if you are being arrogent back to them, then they will find some other offenses too.

In my city cops don't give a crap about tint but it seems soon as I leave it they do care. I have 3 tickets for it so far never once have I removed it I want it and Ill pay the premium for it. Ive been pulled over for it directly and ticketed only for it. I have single limo all around.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

ok, so then my solution isn't for you.
                            <.>

Comment

Originally posted by ABTsportsline View Post
                              ok, so then my solution isn't for you.
                              whatever helps you sleep at night newb...

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Working...
                              X