Infill G4 Size Specs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infill G4 Size Specs

Looking arround through the forums and the manual I can not seem to find the size specs on the Infil G4 I understand the Outer Dimension is Double Din Size but what I need is a dimensioned drawing of the face plate area. I inted to purchase one of theese but am unsure if it will interfere with the bezel that is currently arround my stereo.

I plan to install it in a 2002 Monte Carlo SS which has a curved bezel arround the stock stereo picture below. (stock Monte LS picture from some dealers website)

Anyone think there will be an issue?
    Attached Files

I'd say if there exists a double din kit for your car then G4 should fit. It's as simple as that.

Comment

I know it will fit in the hole but Im worried that the bezel might interfere with the buttons or the screen tilting so i was looking for some dimensions.

Comment

Originally posted by xufer View Post
        I know it will fit in the hole but Im worried that the bezel might interfere with the buttons or the screen tilting so i was looking for some dimensions.
        Ok, I will try to measure mine, but I'm afraid I will not be able to do that until Saturday. But I can give you some clues right now:
        Vertically, you will need complete 2DIN height if you want to have G4 flush with your bezel: the G4 faceplate is slightly less tall but it needs extra 2-3 mm to open.
        Horizontally, you can get away with about 2 mm less than 2DIN on each side.

Sorry, I don't do inches

Comment

You can place the G4 on a flat surface and the face plate will fold down without hitting anything.

Hope that helps.
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

metrics are no problem heh, when ever you get a chance to measure it, it would be helpful. Im going to take my dash apart this weekend to get a handle on what i have for space back there. My only goal is to have this thing installed by the middle of october so i have some time.

Im off to try and hunt down a wiring diagram for my car as I need to see how the factory amp is wired up.

Comment

If it helps at all, I've got tons of pics of my install complete with pics of me measuring it. Follow the link in my signature if you'd like.

Comment

please let see us some pictures of your installation into your car :-)

Comment

Working...
                X