Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infill G4 Windows Vista drivers?

MargeJ.

I'm quite tempted to install vista (again) on my Infill. However i had a little sound issue when i installed it the first time. My back speakers would only play some surround sound, not the real full sound if you understand? I could not get it to work properly, did you?

:-) maybe i build it back again. but normally the other one 2DIN Device without PC is for me the better choice i think. CID650 :-) But i think the radio of the CID650 is same bad like the radio of the Infill G4, and donīt have RDS (radio Data system) and Travel information.
    (is a stupid Radio)
    At the moment i have installed a Becker Casscade Pro Radio with exellent Radio, maybe next summer i change someting again. Let us see, what centrafuse brings :-)

Comment

Infill G4 Windows Vista drivers?

Hi @all,

anybody knows where i become vista compatible drivers for testing?

I mean not the basic Computer drivers from VIA or realtek, i Need the ICU and Touchscreen drivers, maybe (but not really necessary) the Infill station software for testing? (remote control).

Vista has some features for Multimonitoring that i needed.

Comment

I can't even begin to fathom how poorly Vista would run on a G4.....
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by marci View Post
          Hi @all,

anybody knows where i become vista compatible drivers for testing?

I mean not the basic Computer drivers from VIA or realtek, i Need the ICU and Touchscreen drivers, maybe (but not really necessary) the Infill station software for testing? (remote control).

Vista has some features for Multimonitoring that i needed.
          What features for multiple monitors? The only possibilities I see that could be useful would be clone (XP can do) or stretch across multiple (XP can do). If you want 2 independant cursors on 2 independant screens, then XP can do that too but not natively. And since you are on a G4, dual monitors, is going to be hellish at best.
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

hehe :-) yes thatīs right, but iīm customized always my OS to minimum, like a XP embedded OS, thats my new vision - make a vista embedded OS. (I do that for my company much times ago, so i need to do this for my carpc too :-).

for the multimonitoring: it works with xp thats right, with two touchpads too. but external USB VGA card and the second USB Touchscreen recognizing after hibernating is working better in vista. I want to strip vista to minimum, but before i start that (terrible) work i need all Vista drivers. :-)

maybe thatīs only a idea, if i found a solution with XP than i run on XP again.. (so the work should do another :-)))))

Comment

Did you have any luck with finding vista drivers for touchscreen and ICU?

Comment

Actually, all of the XP drivers work perfectly in Vista.

Performance feels about the same as XP. Vista recognizes the hardware in your computer and scales itself down to work well on lower end processors such as the Via Esther. Vista's a smart OS actually and after installing it, I found that it didn't use up much more RAM than XP and the animations in media center seemed a bit more smooth than XP on the same system. Alot of the extraneous services will be turned off on lower end systems to save memory when you install it. You can even tweak it further and turn some more services off.

Recommendations: turn off user account control. It's going to prompt you a bazillion times while installing the drivers. Also, you'll get a red box that says the drivers may not be safe. Install them anyways; everything works just fine in Vista as of yet (can't say from SD, I'm testing out Centrafuse atm).

Comment

thank you :-) I have tried it some months befor too. But at the moment my G4 sleeps well on the Desk of my room where court exhibits are kept :-) I need other solutions, G4 is not bad, but at the moment not perfect as well ;-)

Comment

You don't like the Infill? I reckon it's not the most powerful out there and on my second car I've got a Core 2 car pc, but it almost brings a tear to my eyes to hear about one sitting on a desk :O Im tempted to buy it off you!

Comment

MargeJ.

I might consider installing vista again on my infill. The reason why I dropped it was because i had some sound issues with it. It would only play some sort of sorround sound in my back speakers, not the "full" sound. Did you have this problem?

Comment

That's the first I've heard of that problem, but there's so many driver revisions that you may have had one that wasn't fully compatible. I'll check to see what driver revision I have, but I believe I got it directly from VIA

Comment

Did you guys get the touchscreen working in Vista? I just installed Vista on my G4, but I can't get the touchscreen to work for some reason, I even downloaded the Infill drivers from cartft and installed it as a usb device.

Comment

You have to install it from the device manager, after running the touchscreen driver setup.

Comment

I tried installing it from device manager also, and it can not find the drivers, hmm. I will try again and see what happens. Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                              X