No announcement yet.

Sirius w/ Streetdeck and G4...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sirius w/ Streetdeck and G4...

I have purchased the Sirius SC-C1 and Mitch's interface from
    I was wondering if any of you guys have gotten this working on your G4?

If so, where are you running the 1/8" stereo line to?

Does anyone have any pics of their install?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer...

I think everyone pretty much use a external sound card with the G4.. and you just plug it into the line-in plug on the external sound card
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Yeah I was kinda thinking that...To be honest I am happy with the onboard sound so far...
      Guess I will pick up an external just to try and get Sirius working...

(now if I could just get the audio to not re-set to zero everytime I put a DVD in)

You could probably use the mic input...

Originally posted by enigma9o7 View Post
          You could probably use the mic input...

Interesting...never thought of that...

Has anyone tried this?

You might get lucky with the mic input. Some sound card drivers equalize the mic's output and make any other type of input sound like crap. But... I hvae come across cards that worked this way just fine.

I am launching Sirius with the -sirius switch, my default output soundcard is the onboard Realtek within the G4...
              Default Mic in soundcard is USB Turtlebeach Amigo.

I have the line out from Mitch's SC-C1 interface going into the Amigo Mic in port.
              When I go to the Satellite Radio Module, I get the weather station so I believe everything is set up correctly. However, the sound is HORRIBLE...I can hear the weather station, but there is TONS of static...

Also, when I click on Radio Information it is not pulling the Radio ID
              Has anyone else had any luck getting Sirius working with the G4?

Think I have my issue resolved....
                The Turtle Beach Amigo by default boosts the Mic levels...

I unchecked the micBoost option, lowered the mic level to a minimum and now it sounds decent...