Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my G4 installed - LOVE IT!

Ok, just got this bad boy installed.

i know everyone has issues when they install it, and mine are very minor but worth mentioning.... One is radio reception... anyone else have an issue with it? It gets very poor reception, and when it does hit on a station i still get static. also, volume level on radio is LOUD. at the lowest volume setting (one above "mute"), it is too loud for my tastes. eek.

the only other problem i'm having is with the Elm-scan tool. I followed the directions that came with it to a T, and even installed the drivers from the location i specified (without incident)... yet it won't load the OBD-II module from within streetdeck, and the elmscan software itself can't "locate" the port.... the only options they give you are com ports, yet it is plugged into USB.... so if anyone knows how to remedy this, i'd appreciate it.

Now i just need to figure out how to modify the button screen and change backgrounds/colors/etc.... i'll be ready to rock!
    <.>

anyone know what controls the video/motion restriction? I thought it was the parking brake, but i'll be able to watch video when i'm parked without the brake engaged - in fact i can even be in drive, but just not moving, and it will play video. However sometimes i am stopped and it won't play video saying that i can't use this module while in motion - but i'm parked!

anyone know how does the Infill G4 determine whether you are in motion or not?
    <.>

Comment

From what I have read about the G4, as I'm thinking about purchasing one, it is the parking break. My thought is you should be able to fool the G4 into thinkinking the parking break is on by just wiring it as such.

twoie

Comment

it's not the parking brake...that's all I can say.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

If you think about it, how does the compuer know you're in motion?

I can't tell you specifically, but think about it for a couple minutes.................
          For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
          Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

we're getting warmer! who wants to turn up the heat? next clue?

Comment

Motion can be defined as a change in position with respect to time, right? I know how I'd do it, if I wanted people not to be able to bypass it. Although I think it would be problematic at times.
              It's been a while...

Comment

I figured it was tied to the GPS by the previous response. I know the reasons, but part of me finds it silly. I f your dumb enough to adjust it while your driving, then thats your fault. It seems with the current setup your passenger isn't able to do it either. I've seen previous posts where suggestions about pressure sensors in the seats could make a difference. ie: place one in the passenger seat and this would allow full use of the system while in motion.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                  it's not the parking break...that's all I can say.
                  How about the parking brake?

Originally posted by ABTsportsline View Post
                  Ok, just got this bad boy installed.
                  .... One is radio reception... anyone else have an issue with it? It gets very poor reception, and when it does hit on a station i still get static. also, volume level on radio is LOUD. at the lowest volume setting (one above "mute"), it is too loud for my tastes. eek.
                  Check out (and please add to) these two posts, they seem relevant to your radio issues.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...1-1-0-0-a.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3c...-g4-sd-me.html

Comment

anyone know what controls the video/motion restriction? I thought it was the parking brake, but i'll be able to watch video when i'm parked without the brake engaged - in fact i can even be in drive, but just not moving, and it will play video. However sometimes i am stopped and it won't play video saying that i can't use this module while in motion - but i'm parked!

anyone know how does the Infill G4 determine whether you are in motion or not?
                    I don't know anything about the G4 but my Pioneer Nav head unit, uses the GPS or inside GYROS to to block video while driving.

if the G4 haves a GPS antenna and you have poor reception he might think you're still moving at least that happened with my pioneer nav.

Comment

I had a similar problem with radio reception/volume when I first got mine. You have to go into the audio mixer (the speaker icon) and turn the now playing media (or something like that) way down... then the radio will sound normal again, no more crazy distortion, and you'll be able to adjust the volume better. But reception still isn't great, my stock radio was MUCH better...

Comment

ok if its related to the nav (which i suspected), what about the bug that prevents me from playing video or looking at pictures when parked? I had to wait for my wife at the airport for an hour (delayed flight) last week and i was parked in the waiting lot - the Infill thought i was in motion for some reason, and told me i couldn't watch video. kinda irritating. anyway to fix that? If i can't even watch video or pictures while parked.... when can i do it?
                        <.>

Comment

Originally posted by JasonMK View Post
                          How about the parking brake?

Check out (and please add to) these two posts, they seem relevant to your radio issues.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...1-1-0-0-a.html

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/mp3c...-g4-sd-me.html
                          thanks, but those were AM issues, and both didn't have FM problems, which is what i'm having... don't think it is the same problem.
                          <.>

Comment

i also still can't get my OBD-II Elmscan to work... this is very frustrating as well. I've even been scouring the ElmScan FAQs and no one seems to have the problems i am having with this.
                            <.>

Comment

thanks, but those were AM issues, and both didn't have FM problems, which is what i'm having... don't think it is the same problem.
                              Oh, I have FM problems too! But since I primarily use AM when listening to the radio it was easier to track and record my "bug" issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X