X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G4 GPS stopped working

The built in GPS on my G4 stopped working all of a sudden
    SD, GPS GATE, iguidance and destinator cant autodetect the GPS anymore
    I checked COM 1 and its set to 9600, I restarted a few times and it made no difference, I disabled other usb devises (to prevent a conflict),no results
    GPS gate is reporting "unnown data coming in" on COM 1
    I m running out of options, could it be a hardware failure?
    I remember reading a post where on reboot, COM 1 would default to 14400 , but I dont think this is the issue here
    Any ideas?
    Testing Street Deck and Centrafuse on G4

Try a hard reboot using the power button next to the dvd slot. mine locks up every so oftern and that usually fixes it

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
      Try a hard reboot using the power button next to the dvd slot. mine locks up every so oftern and that usually fixes it
      That didnt work either
      I had to use the restore dvd
      I think I m gonna clone the hdd this time its a pain having to do it over....

Comment

Mine just stopped working today too. Same symptoms. Mappoint says it is not getting NMEA data. The "gps status" module sees all the satellites but the "NAV module" says "low signal strength (0 satellites)". Where did you get your restore DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by leerogers View Post
          Mine just stopped working today too. Same symptoms. Mappoint says it is not getting NMEA data. The "gps status" module sees all the satellites but the "NAV module" says "low signal strength (0 satellites)". Where did you get your restore DVD?
          I dont think the restore dvd will fix it
          I restored and the bug re-appeared regardless
          The restore dvd is the dvd that came with your purchase of the G4
          I think its also available for download to beta testers only so I cant post a link
          Im sure if you call/e-mail the store they ll be able to mail you one.
          I dont know how the problem got resolved but it might be due to the fact that I now have beephy's USB PSU http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hard...order-now.html
          that powers all the USB ports and it turns them on and off in sync with the computer
          That creates a more stable IRQ environment for all the devices that I have plugged in and subsequently all the internal devices as well
          Good luck

Comment

I actually used RCT to see test the GPS data and see what was going on. Since then, I haven't had a problem. Weird.

Originally posted by spiro View Post
            I dont think the restore dvd will fix it
            I restored and the bug re-appeared regardless
            The restore dvd is the dvd that came with your purchase of the G4
            I think its also available for download to beta testers only so I cant post a link
            Im sure if you call/e-mail the store they ll be able to mail you one.
            I dont know how the problem got resolved but it might be due to the fact that I now have beephy's USB PSU http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hard...order-now.html
            that powers all the USB ports and it turns them on and off in sync with the computer
            That creates a more stable IRQ environment for all the devices that I have plugged in and subsequently all the internal devices as well
            Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X