Choppy DVD playback on Infill G4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppy DVD playback on Infill G4

I get choppy DVD playback on the G4, whether with Streetdeck, Centrafuse 2 (RC3), or standalone Windows Media Player.

Is the CPU just too underpowered? That seems ridiculous considering it was designed as a DVD player.

It is watchable, but very annoying.

(And no, I'm not watching while driving. This is for passengers.)

John

You might have your drive on the wrong region hence the choppiness for copyright protection or you might need a different playback codec. Try downloading the free DVD codec from cyberlink... google should bring it up.
    blueglitch

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
      I get choppy DVD playback on the G4, whether with Streetdeck, Centrafuse 2 (RC3), or standalone Windows Media Player.
      JohnK, has it always been like this? Never heard you mention it before, might you have a CODEC problem or dirty laser?

Comment

Well, I hadn't tested the DVD playback much before... just briefly a while back when it *seemed* okay, but now that I'm playing closer attention the problem is very noticeable. It's not constant, but every 10 seconds or go it will hiccup a bit (varies depending on the scened).

I doubt it's the laser since it works so well in ZoomPlayer in Overlay mode. I'll try more this weekend.

I'm sure it's not a region issue though.

Comment

I just used the DVD playback this past weekend and it worked fine for me after rebooting the system.

Comment

The Cyberlink codec did NOT seem to help.

And I have the same problem when playing back a DVD file from the hard drive.

The freeze/choppiness sometimes only occurs every 30-40 seconds, and sometimes it is more frequent.

Comment

Working...
            X