Just got my Restore DVD...now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Restore DVD...now what?

I know this is really a simple question, but thought I'd ask it anyways because I couldn't find an official answer anywhere in these forums. I just received my G4 Restore DVD with SD & North American maps. Everything is working fine now, but I plan on tweaking a few things that might mess it up. It looks as if the DVD is a disk image, and therefore I would be unable to simply reinstall Mappoint 2006 (for example) if needed. If that is the case, when I run the DVD will it erase EVERYTHING on the Hard Drive or just the C:\ drive (or something else?). I want to make sure to backup whatever I sohuld before trouble arrives (digimods, skins, drivers, music, etc; whatever is at risk when running the Restore DVD). Can anyone speak from experience?

Opions and thoughts are welcomed... factual answers are greatly appreciated

How did you get your restore disk? I asked for one after G4 was delivered in 2007 and I still have not received one.

Thanks

Comment

Just contact customer support, they are very friendly and helpful Make sure to have your order information handy so they can verify the order.

Comment

Thank you, but I just got an email back from them and they won't send me the restore disk. I included the my order email in the email I sent them. They are saying they can't send it to me because of licensing issues. What does that mean? I don't know where to turn now. My G4 is jacked up. I can reload it but it won't have the slimmed down version of windows.

Thanks

Comment

JasonMK, I used to agree with you. Things have changed. For one, they dont even offer phone support anymore, so having info handy doesn't help. But Like rciu, I forwarded them my original order email and that didn't help either.

rcicu, did you ever get your restore disk? I'm in a similar situation and it's quite frustrating. They're telling me they're no longer licensed to sell streetdeck, but that seems irrelevant as we purchased it as part of our g4 over a year ago, and at that time they presumably were licensed.

I wonder if there are others besides you and me who are still waiting on their restore disc.

Comment

Nope, they arenít willing to help. Iím thinking about sending a letter to the better business bureau. I donít know it that will help tho. All I need is the media which they should provide bc I paid for it and the never sent it as promised. Fortanly my G4 is working good for the moment and was able to create my own restore disk. I am still very upset with mp3 and will never give them future business or refer them any business at car shows. I am a big fan of StreetDeck as they are still providing a great interface.
            -rcicu

Comment

Originally posted by rcicu View Post
              Nope, they arenít willing to help. Iím thinking about sending a letter to the better business bureau. -rcicu
              do it. it won't get you a restore disk, but it might help save someone who is doing some homework on this company before they decide to give them any money. i saw no entries from them when i looked them up before i ordered many years ago. wish i had seen something. i'll be doing my part with the BBB as well.
              <.>

Comment

Working...
              X