Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infill G4 blowing fuse

Hi,
    About a month ago my G4 blue its fuse when I was driving the highway and I just got to replacing it and I have went through about 4 and it keeps on blowing them. Has anybody else had this problem? Is it a general thing that I could fix if I figure out how to take the thing apart? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    blueglitch

You could start by looking over the wire that's supplying power to the G4. Maybe the insulation is damaged and it's shorting out on something.

Comment

checked that... everything is as it was when i hooked it up 2 years ago. i'm thinking it is something internal. thank you for your help though.
      blueglitch

Comment

G4 power problem

Hello,
        I was wondering if you could help with my G4 fuse problem. I have posted on the forums already and haven't had any successful response. 15 fuses later and many deductions of what the problem could be I still haven't been able to fix it. I took apart the G4 and unplugged everything hooked up so that just the amp board and everything on it was powered and the fuse is still blowing. I put my old car stereo in and it works no problem so I know it is something to do with the G4 and not my car. Do I have to pay to get this thing fixed? I have already spent enough money on it as it is and just put a solid state drive in it as well due to the other failing drive that I got with it. I would really appreciate any help I could get. Thank you.
        -blueglitch
        blueglitch

Comment

Originally posted by blueglitch View Post
          I took apart the G4 and unplugged everything hooked up so that just the amp board
          I assume you aren't talking about an external amp? If you are talking about an external amp, disconnect that and then try to power your unit.

Are you sure you haven't pinched a wire during tear downs? Check that.

Have you tried powering up without your SSD? Maybe there is a defect there.

If all else fails, infill has gone out of business so there is little chance of getting the unit repaired. You might be able to buy another dead unit and take some parts from that one.

Keep us posted on your progress. Maybe there is some other advice the community can contribute.

Comment

The fuse had blown before I installed the SSD.

Could it maybe be something in the wiring harness connector? Where could I find a new wiring harness?

Does anyone have a defect G4 they are willing to sell or maybe even give away?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
            blueglitch

Comment

Hi blueglitch,

Contact us at the store. We might be able to help.

Stephen
              Have a product you would like to sell on the mp3Car Store? PM me for more information.

Have a car computer question? Ask me by emailing the store.

Comment

Hi Stephen,
                Thank you. I will be sure to call in right away.
                blueglitch

Comment

Originally posted by blueglitch View Post
                  checked that... everything is as it was when i hooked it up 2 years ago. i'm thinking it is something internal. thank you for your help though.
                  Any update? Where you able to isolate your problem and get it fixed?

Comment

Working...
                  X