I have a few questions about marine 24 volt systems. I thought the answers might be beneficial to others, so I will be posting both my questions and the answers here in this thread.
- What is the spike /peak voltage that should be expected in a 24 volt marine or boat environment?
- According to the spec sheet, clamping will occur at 25-27 volts. What is the exact failure behavior when input voltage exceeds 25-27 volts?
- How long can the voltage exceed 25-27 volts before clamping occurs?
- Is there more or less heat generated when operating in 24volts mode vs. 12 volts?
- At what input voltage will permanent damage occur to the unit?