Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a starter

Hi there, my first post.

I for one think that is a good idea because this forum is quite active and very interesting for me regarding anything entertainment and gps most of which can also be used in a boat install.

I have an older 55' Princess with a 800 mHz iBook as a boat computer with a 15" iiyama 500 nit display. It runs OSX and handles everything from navigation (GPSNavX), iTunes, iPod, games, internet, adress book etc. It is hidden/discretely mounted in the lower helm area with powermate and mini keyboard and is connected to the boats A/V system (HarmonKardon avr 335 with 4xPolk 6" radials and two 10" subs with 42" plasma TV) via airport. I don't know whether I can hook it up to receiver's video input as well.

So, there you have it.

Now I am waiting for a front end for the mac system.

David

wow any pics?

Comment

Not yet. Will try to get some when I am on the boat (might take a while)

David

Comment

cant wait. need to see that plasma in there. lol

Comment

I've got only older pics. Hope they do it for now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	denfourfour.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	2253310 TV is behind the settee.
          [ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	interior.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	2253312[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files

Comment

wow! my uncle has a boat that size. but he doesnt have no plasma or boatputer in there.

Comment

That is a nice *** boat, sure beats the "kayak" that mine is in comparison.

Comment

Thanks Das,

it is a biggger boat, thats all. I am not sure water fun can be measured in feet though. I am sure yours goes a lot faster and I can only envy you for gas (diesel) burnt.

Comment

DROOL!
                  Thoughts for an upgrade - hook the weather station, GPS, and LORAN into the comp... Good luck getting someone to write a front end to cover all that, but it would still be cool to see!

Your dinghy is about the size of my yacht...
                  http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                  CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                  Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

GPS is already hooked up and works like a charm. No need for a chart plotter. Loran is kinda old, I wouldn't even know how to use it. As far as weather, I have Wx (Mac) which has a great display/interface but needs internet. Now I need to learn how to connect with my verizon phone to the internet. Intil, it's the weather channel on the radio.

David

Comment

kind of nice.... but wheres the pool???

Comment

wow very nice
                        [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

Comment

davida,
                          here is a link to a forum for how to get internet on your verizon phone

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...hlight=verizon

basically you need a data cable for your phone (or bluetooth is your phone is capable and you have bt dongle on the pc) then just follow the instructions. i have done this and can confirm it works. as for the charges, i believe it is just the airtime, but some say it charges per mb of download. haven't gotten this month's bill so can't really confirm. i don't use it much.

or if you have access to some other dialup number, you can setup your connnection to just dial into that dialup account.

Comment

this boat is really nice
                            to be or not to be?that's the question :)

Comment

Working...
                            X