Dooputer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dooputer?

I am trying to find a way to wire a custom mini computer into a Seadoo. I have a 2000 GSX-RFI. The largest problem I have to face is waterproofing. I'll let you know how that goes.

a while ago i was looking for something to rubberize some tools of mine for shock and i came across a spray on rubber coating that claimed to be water proof also. it was clear and was safe for electronics. I found this link when i when i googled it today.
    http://www.superior-industries.com/i...iew.php/id/203
    well hope that helps.
    good luck
    (but i do think there is another company that makes it also)

Comment

is that one of those 3 seater huge ones that are relatively impossible to flip? weve got and seadoo xp and theres no way id ever think of putting a comp in there.. its very flip happy lol

i just have a couple questions about the install..
      1. are you putting a screen in?
      2. does the screen have to be visible at all times?
      3. what will you be doing with the dooputer?

What im thinking is one of those acrylic enclosures that are sealed off (this way you just reach into your compartment pull out the screen and check where yourgoing for gps).. but then i dont know how you would control the computer .. unless u can find a waterproof mouse.

goodluck, mate!

Comment

A waterproof case probably wont be too hard...but then think of cooling....

A touchscreen maybe a problem...but there is definatly a waterproof keyboard/mouse....the type that are "spill-proof" And then there are those that are "washable"....i dont know HOW waterproof they are...but must work fairly well.....

What about one of those indestructable laptops. The ones that get dunked and thrown and jumped on but still are A-OK? Maybe there is someway to modify one of those?

Now...not to burst a bubble or anything....but why on a seadoo? Isnt that a bit useless? But then theres always the "cuz i can" reason....

well whatever you decide good luck.
        Brown 2010

Comment

cooling.... air flow will be easy, DRY AIR flow is harder

As for the XP model flipping try an HX
          TruckinMP3
          D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

LMFAO...yes thats what i ment, DRY air flow....maybe sometype of filter...like what is in a wet vacuum or something...idk just popped into my head...
            Brown 2010

Comment

why not watercool it? then you can still have a sealed system..
              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

true....you would need a waterproof fan for the radiator....
                It could work...much more work...but it could work
                Brown 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Sidewalksalvage
                  true....you would need a waterproof fan for the radiator....
                  It could work...much more work...but it could work
                  would you even need a fan? if ur gonna put it outside the compartement then why not just let it air cool.

As for the hx, ive never had the chance to ride one but i have seen some on our lake and well it does look hella fun haha

Comment

Originally posted by romul
                    would you even need a fan? if ur gonna put it outside the compartement then why not just let it air cool.

As for the hx, ive never had the chance to ride one but i have seen some on our lake and well it does look hella fun haha
                    Depends how you ride The air cooling could be from an air intake on the ski, but that can let in water sometimes...
                    TruckinMP3
                    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

well the radiator can get wet...so that could work....
                      Brown 2010

Comment

How about pen interface? ive done some experiments with my tablet and it seems i can put plexiglass in front of screen and still use pen as normal.

EDIT: incase ur interested that was for rain and impact protection of my walkputer project.

Comment

thing about a pen interface is.. it would really suck if you dropped the pen..
                          Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by tj!2k4
                            thing about a pen interface is.. it would really suck if you dropped the pen..
                            Thats why u carry several with u... theyre inexpensive.

Comment

I'd say find some spray-on waterproofing stuff for a low-heat system like a VIA mobo, and leave the big heatsinks exposed. Then maybe you could put the computer in a place where water will splash on the radiators. Careful of corrosion though.
                              Old plans out the window because of an accident .
                              Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
                              Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

Working...
                              X