No announcement yet.

opinions on DB Drive subs?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on DB Drive subs?

I was wondering if anybody have any opinions about DB Drive Platinum Series subwoofers? I haven't heard that brand but I'm new to the car audio world and if Best Buy doesn't sell it I haven't heard of it. I would also appreciate if anyone would give an opinion on what's the best sub out as of right now.

That's like asking a smoker what the best brand of cigarette is.

There's too many factors to determine what's "best". First of all, there's your opinions and what uyou're looking for in a sub. We have no way of knowing...
    What kind of music do you listen to? Rap? Rock? Opera? Symphonic masterpieces? How much space is in your vehicle? Are you looking for sheer volume, or are you out for sound quality as well?
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

In addition to what Darque said, what type of vehicle you have and what type of sub you want sort of work together. You can get a standalone sub that will mount to the vehicle, a powered sub that can be removed and put back in, plus a whole bunch of other factors.

I have a car with a trunk (Jetta) and decided on a removable isobaric sub with an outboard amp. I can remove it at will with a few latches, and I'm sure I've compromised a bit on sound quality by a bit, but I'm happy with my solution.
      My Worklog

db is ok stuff. It's not great but it's not flea market.

stick with a name brand and you'll be fine.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!