Yeeha?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeeha?

Hey, I guess officially, I'm the new kid on campus, but before you get on with the hazing, let me tell you a little bit about my project.

I own a 1985 Silverado. Got it for really cheap from my uncle two days before my beloved MR2 met its messy fate at the hands of a guard rail.

I was going to buy another MR2 in short order, but was instead convinced to have a stereo system put in the truck instead, so now here I am, asking questions reguarding the second round of installation.

I need to know if I'm going to have enough power with the engine idling in order for the system to play its heart out...

Specs:

Pioneer DEH-P880 deck
    Pioneer TS-SW1041D Subwoofer (x2)
    Pioneer XM Satellite Radio module
    Arc Audio FD4100 amp
    MB Quart 6.5" component set (Q's)
    MB Quart 5.25" component set (Premium's)

Adding:

Arc Audio FD600.1 amp (Signed by Chip Foose at a show recently)

I have a 140amp alternator already in the truck. It produces 80amps at idle. I'm making a conservative guess and saying that the system will be drawing close to 100amps while I annoy everyone within a 100' radius of my truck. I'm just trying to figure out what the best method for delivering the additional power needs is going to be.

Was thinking about a Kinetik batt. and maybe a cap killer for good measure, but I want some other opinions before I drop $400 on those parts...

Oh yeah... let the hazing comence?

I don't see anything in there about a PC....are you putting a PC in your ride?

This IS a CarPC forum you know...

thread moved to Car Audio.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Ehh, sorry.

Comment

Working...
      X