4channel amp - front speakers + subwoofer...my head hurts :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4channel amp - front speakers + subwoofer...my head hurts :(

oi.. i have been banging my head against a wall on this for a while now...

i am redoing my install so i can go head unitless but this time with a sub.

i have a four channel amp. I plan on having one set of channels go to my front speakers, thats the easy part...

but the second set of channels i want to bridge to go to a sub...this is where i get lost.

on my headunit.. there was a set of preouts for the sub that included a white RCA and a red RCA (2 channels?). I presume that these two channles are used to go to 1 amp to control 1 sub.

But with a computer i have a maudio 5.1 revo card that has an output that has a Center/Sub. If i was to take the SUB connection to the amp only (not the center since i dont have a center channel)... i would only have one single RCA going to the amp when with the headunit i had 2 channels going to the amp

Something's not adding up.

If any of this makes sense.. where would i connect this to the amp. from my knowledge the amp would need two RCA input for the bridging to happen?

Oh ..man..i dont even know if what i types makes any sense to anyone else besides me.

PLZ help me...

P.S. this is the first time ive ever hooked up a sub to an amp, ive only hooked up simple speakers up to amps before.
    I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

get a y-splitter RCA cable connected off the sub RCA. It's really that simple.
    System always under construction

Comment

Comment

thats al there is to it?

seem too simple ...

as you can tell..i have a tendancy to overthink things too much
        I wish i knew how to do fiberglass work...

Comment

You have to split the center/sub channel to separate the center and sub channels. Sounds obvious when you say it that way doesn't it. Then you need to convert your sub channel (one of the two you just split) into RCA. 3.5'' headphone jack to RCA cables exist and are available at this website.

Comment

Originally posted by theheel View Post
            thats al there is to it?

seem too simple ...

as you can tell..i have a tendancy to overthink things too much
            No prob, we all overthink things sometimes.
            System always under construction

Comment

Working...
            X