Mex-bt2500

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mex-bt2500

So this was news to meÖ but how many decks are out there have BT integration for a phone and a good microphone built in?

For those of us that use a deck for "working" radio and amplification duties as well as an excellent ergonomic way to have an analog rotary dial for volume, now we may have a simple way to attenuate the master volume as well as have a good hands free solution for our BT enabled phones! (to my knowledge the only way is through phone control which doesnt always work perfectly, and hopefully through a parrot device in SD soon)

Are there any models out there that are similar to the BT functionality with audio inputs with similar capabilities to model?

Anyone have a rough estimate of where this model should come out at price wise?...looks like it says ~180 ..not too bad with this functionality
    Will it have accessible inputs for line in other than the front aux in jack?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/27/s...ith-almost-an/

http://techdigest.tv/2007/02/sony_mexbt2500.html

No interest in a unit that can do this?

And here I am thinking this could very well round out my system very nicely and add functionality that people with full blown carpc project don’t have.

Comment

Originally posted by rotarypower101 View Post
      No interest in a unit that can do this?

And here I am thinking this could very well round out my system very nicely and add functionality that people with full blown carpc project donít have.

What functionality does this have that a PC in your ride couldn't potentially have? Hell, a PC can even have a Sony XPlod logo on the screen, if you feel the need to have a Sony logo in your face...
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

UmÖ.how about hands free operation of your phone that will attenuate when a call comes in with a built in noise canceling mic and an ergonomic rotary dial for volume level duties, as well as a built in amp and a working radio!!! For those of us that are not convinced we need to get piles of equipment to have a satisfactory setup.

This bridges multiple gaps in a carputer setup in one cheap and simple device.

Didnít I mention this up top or did you bother to read it? Compare the amount of equipment this replaces, and the time to set up a rotary encoder and mount professionally, despite the time to make it work in unison and not look hack.

AFAIK there is no solution that would attenuate while an incoming call is commencing in the carPC world?

Can phone control do this when properly configured assuming you even have a device that is fully compatible and works in every respect with the software?

Can SD do this???

But thanks for the useful contribution
        Nothing like a moderator belittling the paying patrons of the parent company.

Comment

Boss 638b or RDS-638B. I have the second one installed in one of the cars and it works just fine by itself connected to an amp. Got it last year for $120 online.

Comment

Working...
          X