Wiring up crossover devices ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring up crossover devices ??

I'm a newb. I got these, ROCKFORD FOSGATE T162S which come with tweeters and two crossover devices. My understanding is that these devices know to take high tunes and push them to the tweets, and lower tunes to the components.

That being said, on one side of the crossover device i bring in the normal speaker wires, on the other side should be 4 outputs, 2 for the component and 2 for the tweet, yes?

Where should these crossovers be located as far as physically from the amp? closer to amp or closer to speakers?

Originally posted by Kurack View Post
    That being said, on one side of the crossover device i bring in the normal speaker wires, on the other side should be 4 outputs, 2 for the component and 2 for the tweet, yes?
    Correct

Originally posted by Kurack View Post
    Where should these crossovers be located as far as physically from the amp? closer to amp or closer to speakers?
    It's a matter of preference really, and I've seen it done both ways. Keep in mind, if you put the crossovers close to the amp, you'll have twice as much wire to run to where your speakers are located (4 wires instead of 2). Typically most people put the crossovers as close the the components as possible to minimize the wiring.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

Working...
    X