Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid question, what is this and wher should i use it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question, what is this and wher should i use it?

These both came with my Rockford Fosgate wiring kit. I know the one with the 4 hole is the 4way distribution block. The 4awg wire coming from the battery (which has a fuse in it near the battery) goes into this 4 way. Then i distribute power to my devices from it. Whats this other device? It allows power in one end, and outputs to two fuses outputs? Is this just a 2way fused distribution block? Where would one use sure a device? Could it be used to fuse additional devices post battery fuse? Should I use it (see my other post with the diagram here http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98082 )

Thanks all for the help
    Attached Files

its basically a fused distribution block. what are the amps on the fuses? its probably meant to go on the power wire near the battery.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

the thing on the left is a battery-clamp. The thing on the right, is a distributionblock, used to split 1 wire to multiple (in this case 2) wires, to hook up multiple devices.

edit: But yes, you could use it with the battery too.... But that would only cost you extra 'cause you would need more wire....(if you wanna use the 2 outputs)
      Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
      CLARION HX-D2
      CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
      CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
      CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

It's there so that you can fuse your power wire before it's run through the car. You should fuse the power wire within 18 wire inches of the positive batter terminal. Please either use this device or use another fuse holder. It's provided for a reason.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I think you guys are confused....The Rockford Fosgate wiring kit came with a 15 foot 4AWG wire. This wire has a built in Amp about 1 foot from the end with a 60amp fuse in it already.

I think the thing on the left is the distribution block, one input and 4 outputs. The other one on the right is what im confused about...its definitely a one input and 2 output fused device....just wondering where i would use it.

Comment

Looks like a regular distributionblock with 2 outputs

The other thing looks like a battery-clamp with a protectioncover. Though it could be a distributionblock also.... The blabk bottom makes me confused.
            Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
            CLARION HX-D2
            CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
            CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
            CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Actually the smaller of the two is your "GROUND distro block". I work with those things all the time. The power distro block has one input, two fused outputs, and 2 non fused outputs. It should have come with three fuses, one large one for the battery and 2 like fuses for the distro block.

In a manor of speaking it goes as follows:
              Batt1->main fuse1->fused distroblock2->each amps after fuses- 2->gnd distroblock->ground
              *note: the numbers represent the number of connections assuming only connecting 2 amps*
              "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
              "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
              [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Working...
              X