help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

im installing a car stero/mp3 deck into my 1996 Chevy S10 and the antenna wire from my truck is too small and does not fit in the plug on my pioneer deck any suggestions im thinking of just running a wire into the deck but i dont know please if you have any suggestions let me know this is my first time working with car audio

You can buy an adaptor from circuit city or best buy to fit the antenna

Comment

they arent close to where i live really do you think wal mart has em and can you give me a brand or place to searc for em on the internet

Comment

Walmart has (well, mine did) a crazy octopus looking antenna adapter that should cover what you need. Its a hack way to do it though.

The one you should use is by Scosche...
        http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...42&ItemID=MDAB
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Walmart might , I would check , it cant hurt

Here you go .GM Antenna Adapter Motorola M to OEM antenna F
          http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fcSRkw8...p.asp?g=119400

Comment

Originally posted by gospeed.racer View Post
            Walmart has (well, mine did) a crazy octopus looking antenna adapter that should cover what you need. Its a hack way to do it though.

The one you should use is by Scosche...
            http://www.scosche.com/scosche_carau...42&ItemID=MDAB
            Doesn't walmart carry a ton of Scosche products?
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

thanx guys

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                Doesn't walmart carry a ton of Scosche products?
                The one local to me didnt have much of an assortment, instead offering the cheesy octopus affair. It was enough to get me going, but I replaced it with a real one after the weekend.
                2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

No proplem ,thats what I'm here for

Comment

The one local to me didnt have much of an assortment, instead offering the cheesy octopus affair. It was enough to get me going, but I replaced it with a real one after the weekend.
                    Ah. I guess different walmarts carry things more suited for their location. One walmart by me has an entire aisle devoted to Scosche products while another has just a little 4'x4' board with the wiring basics by the cheap HU's...

I am curious about this octopus thing though... Was it every possible proprietary antenna connector to a standard connector type adatper?
                    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

I cant find it listed on the website, but i found a pic online. Weird *** deal if you ask me, but it served its purpose. Took up a lot of room too! I know it had the end I needed for my car, not 100% on the GM connector

2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

I cant find it listed on the website, but i found a pic online. Weird *** deal if you ask me, but it served its purpose. Took up a lot of room too! I know it had the end I needed for my car, not 100% on the GM connector

And that thing was probably cheaper than the single converter because it is walmart and that is what they do!

Interesting to say the least.

Comment

I guess they figure if your buying your car stereo stuff at Walmart, you deserve this kind of quality
                          2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

IF I saw that thing on the ground I would stomp on it and hope it didn't bite me first!!

TO the OP, I'm glad you got you problem solved, but if you post more could you please use descriptive thread titles? Help! Doesn't tell us anything about your problem and makes every one either read the post when they may not be able to contribute OR ignore it even though they may be able to.
                            Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                            Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                            I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                            Please help.

Comment

Working...
                            X