Using an Eclipse Head Unit....umm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an Eclipse Head Unit....umm

I just bought myself a transitional head unit, for when my bills are paid off and I can afford a carputer.

It is my first Eclipse, and unlike the Pioneer's ive owned, I have no idea how to operate it.

without a manual, makes it even more difficult.

does anyone have an eclipse head unit, similar to the CD5423

Click image for larger version

Name:	CD5423-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2300720

when I press "sound" i only get a couple of options, I dont even see Fade front to rear in it....

which is just the beginning of my questions.

thanks!
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

I don't have that unit, in fact, I haven't owned Eclipse anything due to their annoying security system, horrible customer service and the other-wise poor company management of Fujitsu-Ten. At any rate, I think you're best option is to call customer (lack of) service and tell them you need a replacement manual. They should have PDFs on file for download for older models, but well, they suck.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

i bet one of those knobs is for volume.
      Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
      Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
      Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Gee, thanks.

got that.

i am just wondering if the interface of Eclipse is similar across their product line as Pioneers etc are.

Originally posted by J187 View Post
        I don't have that unit, in fact, I haven't owned Eclipse anything due to their annoying security system, horrible customer service and the other-wise poor company management of Fujitsu-Ten. At any rate, I think you're best option is to call customer (lack of) service and tell them you need a replacement manual. They should have PDFs on file for download for older models, but well, they suck.
        nice opinion, doesnt help tho.

and the "annoying" security system works, and how would you feel its annoying when you never owned one?

you certainly have something to say about a product youve never owned.
        (All done)

Comment

well what exactly are you looking for? why don't you help us out and take a picture so we can actually see the buttons on the HU. barring finding a users manual, perhaps the functions are more intuitive to someone else.

i currently own an eclipse HU, but it's the AVN model.
          Et ipsa scientia potestas est.

Worklog for my 2007 Civic Si ...f*** it...
          Pictures of the Corolla (retired)here
          Need to make something? Here are a few ideas.

Comment

Are you alright? I tried to help you and offered my opinion on the product only as a sidebar. I also gave you sound advice on what to do, in fact, what you should have done in the first place in lieu of coming into a forum expecting someone to have the same obscure model HU and the willingness to walk you through the entire operation.

How do I have an opinion on a product i've never owned? For starters, I meant to say I haven't owned anything in a long time, but that's beside the point. The point is I've been installing car audio for 12 years and I've installed and used plenty of Eclipse units and I've had to deal with that stupid security system for years. Call tweeter's home office and ask them why the company doesn't do any business with Eclipse anymore...they will tell you, if they are being straight with you, that is ONLY because of the ESN that has plagued their repair shop and their returns for years.

Why defend the company like you own it? I was sharing my opinion about their customer service because I was trying to prep you for what you might encounter if you called. Sorry I tried to help.

I never said I didn't like Eclipse product, I had one of their first amps and loved it for years. I like the AVN line as well. I loved their 6Volt stuff when everyone else was bragging about a "steady 2volts". Great products, bad service. If you are the type that can figure things out with a holding hand, then their stuff is great. If you spend hours trying to decode which of the very few buttons controls the fade, you might be frustrated by lack of availablity on older model manuals

Please help.

Comment

No one asked for any hand holding.

I made a point to say manufacturers like to keep the way to do stuff the same across the models.

I dont need someone to have this model, I need someone who has a non AVN eclipse head unit. Id assume they all work the same in terms of how you change the clock, set fades etc etc.

I just find it odd when I choose "audio" i only get like 3 options, none which work the way I think they should.

im looking for someone with ANY eclipse HU like this, no one expects someone to have THIS model.
              (All done)

Comment

May not be an accurate assumption though. I have Two Alpines, only about 1 year apart. On one, you can set the bass and treb by hitting the volume knob like a button, on the other, you've got to hold down the menu button and go to a menu option called "audio settings".... it may be the same from one eclipse model to the other, it may not be.

My bigger point was not to attack people that are trying to help you. Everyone on these boards has their own opinions, don't take them personally.

Please help.

Comment

Now sure if this will help or not:
                  http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...r_stereo_deck/

I have to agree, when I first read your post J187 - I thought to myself...where did this come from? I don't recall anyone asking for oponions...and this has little to nothing to do with the OPs original question...if you wanted to give the guy help, you could have just said call tech support and left the rest of it out.

The impression I got from the initial post was that you hated Eclipse and that you in-fact never did own anything Eclipse.

Maybe I got that from here:
                  I haven't owned Eclipse anything due to their annoying security system, horrible customer service and the other-wise poor company management of Fujitsu-Ten
                  From my experience in selling Eclipse and in running them for a while in my own car, I love their older stuff. The ESN protection program is a very smart move on their part. However, that's my opinion, and as we all know...oponions are like....well, you get the point.

This thread didn't have any purpose for oponions...
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I disagree, my opinion of their customer service has everything to do with why someone that comes across a slightly older model of Eclipse HU cannot readily find a guide somewhere. That's where I think Eclipse went wrong. Its quite relevant. I already said that I realize I misworded my post to ellude that I had not ever owned anything Eclipse, but again, it makes no difference whether or not I did or didn't. Do you have an opinion on Lamborghinis? Ever own one? Not to mention that I have installed plenty of Eclipse products regardless of owning them.

The point is, I expressed my opinion ONLY of the companies customer service and the things that lead me to stray away from the products and someone took offense for reason. I also tried to guide the OP in the right direction at the same time, yet preparing them for what might be a difficult time dealing with customer service.

Please help.

Comment

So, anyone own an Eclipse?

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                      Now sure if this will help or not:
                      http://www.caraudiomag.com/testrepor...r_stereo_deck/
                      found that when I was bidding on the HU!

made me finally get it, as it wasnt a BAD review.

And no one is denying that it SUCKS to not have legacy support on your fancy website for older products. To assume no one cares after 2 or 3 years, is bull****. Rockford does this quite well, you can find PDFs of everything available for free.
                      (All done)

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki View Post
                        To assume no one cares after 2 or 3 years, is bull****. Rockford does this quite well, you can find PDFs of everything available for free.
                        Dude, again, I think you are guilty of not reading carefully enough. Just as you missed the fact that I was voicing my opinion on the company, having nothing to do with you personally, you also managed to misinterperate what I said to mean that I thought no other company cares about older model products.... its just the opposite. I was calling out Eclipse for not being AS GOOD as other companies at doing this. Alpine, Rockford, kicker, they all do it. So do many many others. That's one of the reasons I find Eclipse's customer service inferior. I really think if you just read a little more carefully, you will realize I have been only trying to help you this whole time, while SHARING a possible frustration with you that you cannot easily obtain info on a slightly aged product when I obviously believe you should be able to that. I got a little defensive ONLY after you slightly attacked me. The bottom line is I would like to help you. Why dont' you call the company, they may email you the guide in an hour and you'd be done with it forever. If not, they very well might be able to snailmail it.

Here,

1800 - 634 - 8606.

I just found that number, its the hotline to order older model manuals. You can ask them to email you. They may have to snailmail it, but either way, it will be good to have. Especially if you ever want to sell the HU.

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by J187 View Post
                          May not be an accurate assumption though. I have Two Alpines, only about 1 year apart. On one, you can set the bass and treb by hitting the volume knob like a button, on the other, you've got to hold down the menu button and go to a menu option called "audio settings".... it may be the same from one eclipse model to the other, it may not be.

On my old crappy hu, the clock and audio setting were found by holding down the menu knob for a couple seconds then another menu came on the screen. You couldn't just turn through it with the knob like the other menu, on mine I had to use the next/previous song buttons to get through the menu, then push the knob again as "enter" and then knob would work by scrolling the values with the turns. Really annoying, but never really needed to access it while driving, so no biggie.
                          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I had one of those but it's been a while. Try pressing the volume button in. I think it cycles through fade, balance and volume each time you press it and then adjust turning the knob. If not what about the other knob. One of them has to do it.

By some weird chance I might still have the manual but that is a BIG IF.
                            System always under construction

Comment

Well on my lunch break, driving, I figured out a little bit.

Seems that the "audio" button opens up a menu for setting the treb/bass curves at certain freq. And also for turning on/off the Xover(s) for the outputs.

Pushing the button within the volume knob, which I swore did nothing when I first tried, opens the bass/treb +/-, the non fading level and the balance fade.

So, problem solved.

EDIT: seems Durwood was writing this at the same time I was!

though, when you turn on the Xover, nothing happens. There isnt another setting to set the Xover? Where is my nonfading 50/80/120hz?

I appreciate the words J187, if it seemed I was attacking you, i didnt mean it, i was just floored that someone would enter a thread to bash the company. im all for corporate bashing, and im no faboy, and I DO share your frustrations about legacy product support. With the internet, its inexcusable IMO.

Ive emailed Eclipse about getting a manual, we shall see if.when they get back to me.

Where did you find that 800 number? Seems like an all encompassing electronic repair thing?
                              (All done)

Comment

Working...
                              X