Audison VS Rockford Fosgate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audison VS Rockford Fosgate

Hi all, I'm a newbie here looking for advise in purchasing a monoblock amp.

I did some researches in Audison Lrx 1.400 and Rockford Fosgate Power T10001bd. The RF amp offers great watt on every ohm but some says that audison is a high-end amp. I'm not clear on this, please correct me.

I'm gonna run the amp on Alpine Type-X sub and I also want to have deep, tight and loud bass.

Please give any suggestion you know. I really appreciate that. Thanks

Personally, I think you should save your money until you can afford a JL Audio 1000/1, but if you had to choose between those two, I would say the rockford is your better amp. They are similar creatures, but I"m not sure the audison has the same level of control as the kicker with slope adjustment and such. You say some say audison is a high-end amp? Depends on your definition of high-end. YOu could JUST as easily make the argument that Rockford is a high-end amp when dealing w/ amps like the T1k.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

The 1.400 from a year or so ago is a no go. We ran it in our car and I was never happy with the output (or lack thereof). The new Audisons have been reworked and are supposed to be a much better amplifier though.

If you're looking at a year old or so 1.400 go with the RF.

Either way, the LRx from Audison (new or old) is a higher end amplifier than the RF amp is.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thanks all.. I went to a local audio store yesterday and asking the same question about both amp. The guy told me that the audison is an high-end amp (as RedGTi said) which produce clean bass but the LRx 1.400 is not enough to power up my Type-X so he prefer me to go with RF. After some discussion, he suggest me to consider Alpine PDX 1.1000 which is more expensive but he mentioned that the alpine can handle more stable electrically, so won't suck as much electric from the battery as RF.

I'm kinda confuse which to choose since I never deal with alpine amp before. I bought RF amps at my previous car and satisfied.

If you have any insight about comparison of those two amps (alpine and RF), feel free to shout your knowledge and idea here. I really appreciate that.

Comment

The alpine is a class D amplifier. It's not going to be as clean but it will produce much more power and draw less current.

I'd go alpine personally for the sub amp.
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

What is the difference between class D amplifier (from Alpine) and class BD (from RF)? Which one is better?

I'm not going to put my system on the competition, I just want to have a decent and nice deep and tight bass for my music. I'm not gonna play it like crazy for 4 blocks to hear with me. Hehehehe....

I thank to RedGTi for his/her preference in Alpine. I really appreciate that, buddy. What about others???

Maybe I should post a poll, eh?

Hey, how to post a poll?? Teach me, anyone...

Comment

I'm going to say go with the alpine. Rockford products have suffered over the years and do not live up to what they once used to be. They have some high end stuff but no real need for it for most. Alpine makes some good equipment. Class D for your subwoofer is the best bnag for your buck. Less strain on your electrical system then a BD or AB amp design since it is close to 80-90% efficient at making power, power is what your sub needs. The Audisons are nice amps, but the 400 is too small IMO. It runs pretty hot due to it's small size, and heat build up is not good. Heat is wasted power.

FYI-

The rockford runs at class B at low volumes but switches over to class D at higher volumes. You will probably never notice it. The Alpine runs at class D all the time.The different classes of amps are just different electrically in the way they are designed. There is not one BEST design out there, just preferences depending on need.
              System always under construction

Comment

What are we talking for money? How much are you looking to spend?

Please help.

Comment

Thanks a lot Wood, that's what I want to hear from you all. Just assume that the price for those three amp are the same and I only have 3 choices. Actually, I want to buy them at ebay and the price are relatively the same so I don't mind to add bit more to get the alpine. If only I have more money, I would love to have focal amp.

The audio store guy told me the issue that RF has that the punch series are bad because the body of the amp is kinda loose once it's use and waste of money but the power series are worth the buck. I'm not sure whether he's just bluffing to make money from me.

Any other opinion anyone?

Thanks, I really appreciate you all.....

Comment

the punch series from RF is their low end amplifier. The power series are a bit better.

I would still go with the Alpine for your sub.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

I was only asking about money, because the JL Audio 1000/1 would make the other choices obsolete if it were in your price range. Failing that, I'd say go Alpine.

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by J187 View Post
                        I was only asking about money, because the JL Audio 1000/1 would make the other choices obsolete if it were in your price range. Failing that, I'd say go Alpine.
                        Thanks for your advise. Unfortunately, I cannot afford the JL. If only money is not a barrier for me, I'll go with either focal or JL. I had JL subs few years ago and it was awesome.

Do you guys think that $150 difference from RF T10001bd to Alpine PDX 1.1000 is worth to spend. The alpine is about $150 more expensive compare to the RF. And again, I heard that the RF consume lots of power which might affect the electrical in the car, is this true?

With these amps, do I need to get 2 farad capacitor or 1 farad is enough?

Sorry too many questions asked...I'm still a newbie in this sound system modification.

Comment

spend the money for the cap on a better amp.

a 1f cap is pointless and is more bling than anything else. if you buy an adequate amp that's of high quality to begin with, you won't need the cap.
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

If you can afford the Alpine at $150 more than the RF which sells around $350-$375... PLUS a 2F cap, then you can afford the JL 1000/1 on Ebay right now slightly used for $500 + $25 shipping ..... (I'm a pain in the *** right?)

Honestly though, I second Red's opinion, no cap, spend the money on the amp. Unless your battery or alternator is weak, it shouldn't make much of a difference except for longevity.

Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by J187 View Post
                              If you can afford the Alpine at $150 more than the RF which sells around $350-$375... PLUS a 2F cap, then you can afford the JL 1000/1 on Ebay right now slightly used for $500 + $25 shipping ..... (I'm a pain in the *** right?)

Honestly though, I second Red's opinion, no cap, spend the money on the amp. Unless your battery or alternator is weak, it shouldn't make much of a difference except for longevity.
                              I'm currently using the stock battery so I'm not sure whether my battery is strong enough to power up the amp without capacitor. My car is just a new civic. Do you have any recommended online store to buy these stuff, maybe you know a store which offers more discount than the store I know.

J, if I use the JL, don't I still need a cap? What longevity do you mean here? Longevity of the amp or the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X