Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will this make a good external sound card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this make a good external sound card?

will this device make a good sound card? It's a Presonus Firebox. It was part of my mobile recording studio that I rarely use it these days.. except for the occasional RTA tunage.

http://www.presonus.com/firebox.html

Sure, just need to know if it will run off of 12v or 5v dc. If it's 7v it will take a bit of work.

EDIT: Looks like 12v. Just hook it up to your PSU.

Also, you'll need to go from 1/4" to RCA, but you probably already knew that.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Do it!..Do it now! Then you can do all the audio tuning on your PC with VST plugins
      System always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
        Sure, just need to know if it will run off of 12v or 5v dc. If it's 7v it will take a bit of work.

EDIT: Looks like 12v. Just hook it up to your PSU.

Also, you'll need to go from 1/4" to RCA, but you probably already knew that.

cool thanks, and guesses as to sound quality versus typical PC sound cards?

BTW, the manual says it can be powered through firewire.. I have to look into whether the mobo can support this..

Originally posted by durwood View Post
        Do it!..Do it now! Then you can do all the audio tuning on your PC with VST plugins

lol, yeah you're right. I was going to output to my RF 3sixty processor for that, but then this may allow me to sell the 3sixty and recoupe some of the carputer costs.

Comment

Just test it first. I am still holding onto my H701 until I can verify this works for me and can remain stable.
          System always under construction

Comment

/\
            okay, will do. Wow I may actually have a quality sound system here.. wasn't expecting that.

Comment

Working...
            X