SQ subs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ subs?

Hello, well I am pretty sure this thread was started over and over again and most of the replies were JLW6 but here's what's my problem is.
    1) I owned JL12"W6v2 and it was an awesome sub, I sold it and now looking for something different.
    2) Has to work in smaller enclosures because I am trying to do a clean/hidden setup this year and don't want to take up half of my trunk like W6 did.
    3) Has to be an SQ sub good response, linearity and stuff like that.

I looked into Precision-Mass subs but don't know anything about them and I don't want to be like my friend who bought Treo sub 2000Watt RMS and killed it with 1000Watts of clean power . So any recommendation from you SQ guys is helpful and needed.

Thank you

ummm off the top of my head the image dynamics IDMAX12 and the RL-P from SoundSplinter

Comment

Focal K2 12"

1 - 1.8cu. ft. sealed.

http://www.focal-america.com/Product...wer/33_kxx.pdf
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

WoofersEtc.com - The Online Car Audio Super Store, The largest selection at the lowest prices! Image Dynamics Authorized Internet Dealer!, Ground Shaker, roof mount monitors, car monitor, car video, flip down monitor, Eclipse, Eclipse Car Audio, Ecli 73

This is something I've been meaning to try for a long time. They are geared toward Sq and response. Obviously a big plus is the cost. I've never heard them, I just love everything else I've tried from CDT Audio - They have 6" components that sell for $150 (maybe a little more now) that rival $500 speakers.

Other than that, you may want to explore a Jl Audio 12w1V2. The new W1s are very good, afordable and designed for smaller enclosure.
        Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
        Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
        I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
        Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          Focal K2 12"

1 - 1.8cu. ft. sealed.

http://www.focal-america.com/Product...wer/33_kxx.pdf
          yikes thats actually more airspace then the W6 needs.

If Scott_fx were here he'd probably say look at Elemental Designs.
          I'm trying to find a sub I came accross that went in a small sealed and sounded good.

I think though you need to clarify some things-
          I take it you want a sub that works well in sealed applications not vented correct?
          How much power, what amp?
          System always under construction

Comment

woofersetc.com is known scum.

link
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

most of elemental designs subs are SQ oriented. i have a 10" (eD 11Kv.2) sealed in 0.5 cu. ft that sounds very clean with 300wrms

Comment

Well after looking through a coupe of options I think this might be my next sub, the price tag is a lil high but way lower then W6.
                http://www.cardomain.com/item/MBQPWH304
                The sub is not out yet but will be in couple of week's, it seems that MbQuart started to make nice SQ subs but I wont know until I hear it in a sound room which wont happen for probably another month.

Comment

You should check out the image dynamics IDQ. These are proven sq subs and require very small enclosures
                  Image Dynamics.
                  Aron
                  New Ipad
                  Zapco DSP-6SL
                  Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
                  Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
                  Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

Fi Q
                    Design [000000000-]90%
                    Parts [000-------]30%
                    Installation[----------]0%
                    Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

Some DIY type subs-

Scan Speak

Dayton-They are not loud subs, but they are supposed to be very good at what they do.

Mach5Audio MAW10-super budget sub. No one has given an indepth review but most seemed pleased with it. Has excellent value and will go into a 0.5 sealed box

Some of the elemental designs subs remind me of Eclipse subs cosmetically.

Yes I agree with the warnings on woofersetc. Many big name brands do not allow online internet sales.
                      System always under construction

Comment

If I have enough money I might try the 18" Mach5 because of the price and I am sure that there is got to be some mad good subs for cheap from unknown brands. Thanks a lot durwood

Comment

probably won't be happy with an 18 as an sq sub, and if you are still interested in keeping the enclosure on the smaller side, faggeddaboutit.

2.8 Sealed, 4.5 ported!!

Good to know about woofersetc, screw them. ALthough i'm not sure there is as much to worry about with CDT speakers because woofers IS an authorized dealer for them, but still, screw them for being shady.

Seems like there are less good places to buy from these days, I miss www.thezeb.com.

I still think the w1v2 is your ideal woofer. Great SQ, small enclosure.

Too bad you can't get Shivas anymore
                          Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
                          Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
                          I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
                          Please help.

Comment

Oh, sorry I confused u. If I get the 18" I wont use it as SQ setup. I'd just put it in for fun between the shows. Cuz I do like some crazy bass too

Comment

how about the tc sounds tc-9
                              TC Sounds (TC-9)
                              Diy Mobile Audio - View Single Post - getting rid of the 12w7... should i get an idmax or idq
                              ^^opinion from a well respected member of the diymobileaudio community^^

or
                              diyma 12"
                              Diyma Reference 12" Subwoofer Diy Mobile Audio
                              do some research on those two

or
                              peerless xxls 12" sub (based on ic-30)
                              getting rid of the 12w7... should i get an idmax or idq - Diy Mobile Audio
                              New System in progress:
                              M10k
                              Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                              Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                              Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                              Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                              Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                              My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Working...
                              X