Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the easiest way for pc to stock audio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the easiest way for pc to stock audio?

I have a 2006 nissan frontier. I'm currently building a car pc for it. while i know my way around computer building, I'm a total newbie with car audio.

so my question is, if i'm happy with the sound of the stock speakers, is there an easy way to connect the pc sound card with its audio cable to the speaker wires behind the stock radio? (i plan on getting rid of the stock radio and putting the in dash lcd where it is.) I could put a fm radio tuner in my computer, right? do those exist?

what it be difficult to wire up like that? or does everyone install an amp in the system so as to simply plug the 3.5mm audio cable from sound card into the amp?

thankyou, this board rocks.

Originally posted by Snortonnorton View Post
    I have a 2006 nissan frontier. I'm currently building a car pc for it. while i know my way around computer building, I'm a total newbie with car audio.

so my question is, if i'm happy with the sound of the stock speakers, is there an easy way to connect the pc sound card with its audio cable to the speaker wires behind the stock radio? (i plan on getting rid of the stock radio and putting the in dash lcd where it is.) I could put a fm radio tuner in my computer, right? do those exist?

what it be difficult to wire up like that? or does everyone install an amp in the system so as to simply plug the 3.5mm audio cable from sound card into the amp?

thankyou, this board rocks.
    Most headunits, even factory, have a little amplifier in built in usually around 5-8W. The sound coming out of you sound card on you computer, wether it be an onboard sound card or a external usb sound card would rarely go over 1W.

This is enough to hear the music if your locked in a sound proof garage with the engine off....Just...

So yes you will need an amplifier of some description.

If you have an external 5.1sound card, i highly suggest getting a 4channel or 5.1 channel amp

this will allow you from your computer to adjust the balance left and right and fade front and back on the fly.

Hope this helps

Luke ( OzCorp )

Comment

if you want a low power setup you can look into two sonic impact t-amps but it'd probably be easier to get a purpose built infinity or profile amp.
      New System in progress:
      M10k
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

hmm, so everyone pretty much has to put an amp in to use stock speakers.

well, ok. school me in amps. where could i get a basic, low cost amp. I really don't need the car to be louder than it was before, just good enough to run the pc audio.

thanks guys,

Comment

i already schooled you
          profile is low price and decent quality.

Profile CL440

pretty much any name brand you can find will work. kenwood, pioneer, bluapunkt (they have a cool slimline amp), jbl, kicker, clarion, sony, rockford fosgate, soundstream, etc...

stay away from audiobahn, boss, audiowood, audiogate, rockwood, kenmore, piopunkt, claricker...sonygate, sonywood, piowood...(i'm just guessing at knockoffs btw.)
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

ok, thanks man.

last question, do fm tuners exist to put in a computer?

Comment

yup search hq...er.... hqcp? hqpc... search for fm radio :-) actually go look in the mp3car store and they sell the one i'm trying to think of
              New System in progress:
              M10k
              Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
              My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Hi. Get this adapter to plug into your factory stereo harness if you have an option for satalite radio. I have an 04 maxima with factory bose stereo and used this adapter for my carputer, or Ipod, PSP. I'm just using a Compaq notebook with factory sound card. sounds like cd quality. Peripheral Electronics Nissan/Infiniti Dual Auxiliary Input Adapter - ActiveTuning
                Let me know if you've got any other questions on this adapter.

Comment

he wants to remove his stock head unit though
                  New System in progress:
                  M10k
                  Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                  My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

well i don't know now about removing stock head unit because josh who has the same truck and he decided too much sun glare for a screen there.

Comment

There is going to be sun glare on any screen you install that is visible to the driver.

You can cut down on the glare a few ways:
                      - dark window tint
                      - tilt the screen back at an angle
                      - recess the screen in your dash a bit
                      - lean your screen back at an angle

Unless you're willing to shell out the $600 for a Transflective touchscreen, you will have glare.
                      Hell, even the transflective screens have glare, but they're just brighter so they overcome the glare much better.
                      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
                      X