midi out to IP-bus in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midi out to IP-bus in?

Can I connect my computer's midi audio output to my stereo's PC-Bus auxilary input? Is there an adapter for this?

No.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Uh, No, no, and... No.

Comment

And an extra helping of... no.

Comment

YES MOST LIKELY IT IS POSIBLE THERE IS couple of adaptors for ip buss like pioneer,bmw land rover
          what radio you have from what vehicle year model and brand ?

Comment

Originally posted by partyd View Post
            YES MOST LIKELY IT IS POSIBLE THERE IS couple of adaptors for ip buss like pioneer,bmw land rover
            Did you read the post? Do you know what MIDI is?

Comment

Originally posted by partyd View Post
              And how, exactly, do you propose to send commands to IPBUS using a port that is input only?
              How about the Wiki?

Comment

Think it would be useful to know exactly what audio out we're talking about and which make/model of headunit it has to be connected to...

white bream
                working on a trilogy: CARGO - UNIGO - MERGO
                CARGO = the Car Computer
                Intel Celeron M, [P]SDC, uBlox GPS, GPRS, WLAN, Silabs FM, RDS, TMC,
                Dual-audio, Onecable TFT, Microsize: 45 x 108 x 168mm (1.8 x 4.3 x 6.6")

Comment

Originally posted by henkbliek View Post
                  Think it would be useful to know exactly what audio out we're talking about and which make/model of headunit it has to be connected to...
                  It wouldn't help at all.
                  The IPBUS requires the PC to send signals across that bus to control the headunit. The MIDI/joystick port on PCs is input only.
                  How about the Wiki?

Comment

"auxilary input" often refers to some cd changer input, which contains a normal line input. Also the DB15 joystock port you're refering to is bidirectional; it has both midi in and out (although i have no idea how you could put that to practical use, but that's another story). (PIN-OUT: PC MIDI + game port)

white bream
                    working on a trilogy: CARGO - UNIGO - MERGO
                    CARGO = the Car Computer
                    Intel Celeron M, [P]SDC, uBlox GPS, GPRS, WLAN, Silabs FM, RDS, TMC,
                    Dual-audio, Onecable TFT, Microsize: 45 x 108 x 168mm (1.8 x 4.3 x 6.6")

Comment

True, when used for MIDI the port is bidirectional, just not as the 'gameport'. You'd need an adapter cable to get the MIDI Din connectors. But even still.. why?

Comment

I stand corrected. I've never used that port for MIDI, so had no idea as to its capabilities.

Still, though...
                        Considering there are IPBUS adapters for other ports (namely serial or USB, IIRC), why bother to reinvent the wheel?
                        How about the Wiki?

Comment

That's okay Darque, I don't think many people actually used it as a MIDI port. Mostly music people.

And honestly? Doing something via the MIDI port is more trouble than its worth. You wouldn't only be reinventing the wheel, you'd be figuring out why you'd want the wheel.

Comment

Working...
                          X