Hertz High Energy Comps arrived

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hertz High Energy Comps arrived

I ordered some Hertz High Energy HSK-165 Components from Audio Innovations. They arrived

I installed them last night, although my tweeters are still just kinda sitting on my dash, probally flush mount them when i get more time. I didnt take any pics of install cause theres nothing to show, the mids are located in the doors. I must say these are 1 of the nicer sounds components i've heard . Tons of midbass for an IB install, the tweeters arent bright at all(this was my main concern, I hate bright tweeters). Overall :yumyum:

Love,
    Megalo

btw Hertz is a sister company of Audison from Elettromedia
    screen name here use to be MegaloRESE15"

sweet

2006 Mazda 3
    Behringer DCX-2496
    JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
    JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

How Would You compare these to Focal, Mb Quartz or Rainbow?
      Microsoft Is a Evil Empire that has corrupted a generation!

Thanks - Eric Scott
      Area 3 Productions
      www.myspace.com/area3

Comment

I like them a lot, they are really top notch I would consider these way better than the mb Quartz. Im not sure about the rainbows, It can compete if not defeat the Focals

Comment

I used a set of hertz audio 8's in the front doors of a caddy I did a long time ago, they are called space 8's & were super shallow, like the illusion audios with a front mount neodymium magnet structure, they are really sweeet, hertz is good stuff, mine were made in germany, don't know if there the same now though
          MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Hertz is actually an Italian company.

I was looking at those same speakers at my local shop the other day. They were asking $400. How much did you pay if I may ask? I dont really see them online.

MB quart isnt the company they were a few years ago. They have been sold twice and now are currently owned by Maxxsonic, makers of Hifonics and some other brands. I dont think the quality is there, only a select few speakers are made in Germany, all others are China - from what I was told.

Anyway, Im looking for some speakers to replace my MB Quart RSB218's which gave me over 7 years of great sound. The one tweet is starting to buzz and even though they still work and sound pretty good still, they're getting old.
            G945GLCF2 | 512MB RAM | 160GB HD | Holux GPS w/ Routis | XMPCR w/ TOSLINK mod | Audigy 2 NX | | Xenarc 700TSV |Opus 150W PSU.

Comment

ok I must not stay silent.... it really bothers me when people compare a specific component/product to a COMPANY, take JBL for instance, they have made things that are not even dumpster worthy, and they have made some stuff that’s being used in studios world wide. This comparison has to go, also for a side note I have used this hertz setup in a friends car, they do not sound as good as focal 165vs2s (entry level) they even lack the highs MB Quart can produce so well, the crossovers are not that good, a lot of passive crossovers today have integrated reverse polarity on a single driver *for better phase characteristics (arguably not audible to the human ear)* but the hertz even lack the little extra thought, not judging performance from that standpoint, but I dare you to integrate and experience the options (I have) before dictating that your HKS-165s outperform a COMPANY, I challenge you to set these next to Utopias….. you would not… right?, at leased single a specific speaker from focal you want to compare it to. But in any case, focals entry level 2 ways can outperform it, there Kevlar’s outdo it hard, and there Utopias kill every last bit of it.

I have been working in full blown recording studios since I was around 10 (my uncle and cousin both own recording studios back in Europe, I have met many people that have very different listening preferences, all renown and geniuses in sound, some prefer tube, some think vacuum lines are nothing but non-sense, and that solid state can emulate it’s warmth. My point is very different ways of looking at things, very unique, but I must say when I ring them once and a while, I always drive myself to ask one simple question. That question is what are you running? 90% of the time it’s “focal” for one simple reason. Focal is the 5 letters that define audio excellence and perfection, they are one of the only companies that still take pride in what they do, example

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/921/

a company that will take the same pride in there entry level produce, as they do with there high end product simply impresses me. You do not have a 13 year old component assembler/sex slave putting together the product.

Sorry for getting off topic it just strikes my nerves, comparing a product that in my opinion isn’t worthy of any relation with the focal brand. Focal is not only a company it’s a company that both my uncle and cousin share big parts at, the CEO is a very close friend of mine, and even at the riches he’s at now a days, he doesn’t think twice about “scratching” $30 000 of R&D to “fix” something no one may ever appreciate. To me this business practice is almost unheard of in today’s industry, especially in such a competitive one such as car audio.

PS. I am italian, hertz is italian, ill tell you something though, there product isn't. (and please dont tell me because it's Stamped "Italy" it means it was manufactured there.
              Mobile Dynamics, *B.S.E Honors, Working On B.S.M.E* Audio Engineering Society Member, LKKR Kickboxing 3X Gold Medalist, IDSF Competitive Dance, Can-Fit Pro Personal Trainer Certified.

Comment

Originally posted by blazinlow View Post
                Hertz is actually an Italian company.

I was looking at those same speakers at my local shop the other day. They were asking $400. How much did you pay if I may ask? I dont really see them online.

MB quart isnt the company they were a few years ago. They have been sold twice and now are currently owned by Maxxsonic, makers of Hifonics and some other brands. I dont think the quality is there, only a select few speakers are made in Germany, all others are China - from what I was told.

Anyway, Im looking for some speakers to replace my MB Quart RSB218's which gave me over 7 years of great sound. The one tweet is starting to buzz and even though they still work and sound pretty good still, they're getting old.
                they retail around $350.

Focal:
                you sound a wee bit biased . But you are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Well, Where do I start ? Let's start by thanking the Megalo on deciding on Hertz.

I am going to be real upfront. I am associated with the Elettromedia USA. In fact, I was largely responsible in setting up this new company. In the 20+ years I have been in the mobile business, Elettromedia is the finest company I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Truly, an outstanding company.

I am very bothered that Mr Focal would come on here and bust this guy in the chops for enthusiastically reviewing a product. Megalo did not trash any brand, he merely gave his opinion of his new purchase. Furthermore, I have been to Italy and toured the factory. And, they even make products there. I took 30 manufactures reps there who can also validate this.

Listen, there are several companies out there that make great product: Morel, Dyne, Seas, Sinfoni, steg, Focal, and yes Eletrromedia/Hertz Audison. (To name a few) However, IMO, no one puts it all together like Elettromedia. They are the total package. Great product, Price points for all buyers, Catalogs, and Merchandising, and most importantly, support. This company has mad Passion for car audio.

Mr Focal you are entitled to your opinion. However, I want to set the record on a couple of points. Focal manufactures overseas too ! Amps and Speakers. Secondly, here's a couple of reviews that are very favorable on our HSK165s. One is in German, but you can clearly see that the HSKS finished in 1st place. Yes, I hate to break it to you, even against Focal.

http://www.elettromedia.eu/press/tit...gereift220.pdf

http://www.elettromedia.eu/press/tit...K%20165113.pdf

Also, I think it's worthy that we have not ever advertised in this publication. And, the Hertz HSK165s were awarded best in class for 2007 in the same publication.

So, to the guy that bought the HSK165s thank you ! and I hope you enjoy them.

Comment

You are welcome. I was speaking with [email protected] Audio Innovations where i had got them from. He wouldn't sell me anything lower than that line knowing I hate bright tweeters, Ray has always been looking out for me. I probably in the future may invest in the Mille line. But this High Energy line i am quite satisfied with

Comment

Again, thanks ! I will probably use Mille in my car too. You may want to look at new LRX line. We have been getting great feedback.

One thing that puzzles me, I never have anything to bad about Focal. In fact, I have great respect for Orca and the job they have done in the USA. It's kind of perplexing on why some of the Focal lover's bash our products. Makes me wonder where some of the this comes from ?

Comment

first off newer lie focal SPEAKERS are made 100% in france, I’m prior posts i show my hate on focal amps (china). and i don’t care what reviews say. i have owned/installed both sets, and i prefer focal, end of story. i design engineer studio audio for a living, i respect companies that engineer well, i also am a HUGE fan of audison, hertz is affiliated with audison, i don’t like hertz. From choppy crossovers, to lacking range.

in the end my opinion is like my *******, it sometimes stinks but its still mine.

"Well, Where do I start ? Let's start by thanking the Megalo on deciding on Hertz.

I am going to be real upfront. I am associated with the Elettromedia USA. In fact, I was largely responsible in setting up this new company. In the 20+ years I have been in the mobile business, Elettromedia is the finest company I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Truly, an outstanding company."

hear give me your contact name/information at elecromedia? going to give me some complex story? i know the person that has started a company called AVct audio (yet to be real public, ****s a joke) doesnt meant they make or endorce good product. my point was i was showing personal disdress that he called it better then than a product which it isnt, i wast being hard at all.
                        Mobile Dynamics, *B.S.E Honors, Working On B.S.M.E* Audio Engineering Society Member, LKKR Kickboxing 3X Gold Medalist, IDSF Competitive Dance, Can-Fit Pro Personal Trainer Certified.

Comment

Originally posted by ziggie View Post
                          Again, thanks ! I will probably use Mille in my car too. You may want to look at new LRX line. We have been getting great feedback.

One thing that puzzles me, I never have anything to bad about Focal. In fact, I have great respect for Orca and the job they have done in the USA. It's kind of perplexing on why some of the Focal lover's bash our products. Makes me wonder where some of the this comes from ?
                          hmm i can't seem to find that line on the website...?

Focal: I hate to say it but You sound very unprofessional.

and you make it sound like i am comparing these to the Focal Utopias lol

Comment

i dont have to be professional, i don’t get paid to be modest or show refrain, i tell more sales reps and companies to suck on my Italian dong then you could immagine. and reviews can be bias, i have been paid before to write bull**** reviews, a lot of sound/recording studios use a private newsgroup called clar-sins, and i have been paid over 5400 to write a bias review for a product (to a group of maybe 400 people) i will not mention (this news group hugely claims) un bias, I can only imagine how much you would be paid to write for a mass read review, im not necessarily saying it is.
                            reviews are bull****, money turns this world. And it is VERY hard to compare speakers with all the various engineering dynamics. I can take “monitor a(studio speaker)” put it on “amp1” make and it will sound better then “monitor b” until I hook “monitor b” up to “amp2”

and i just clicked the one link, it looks like the focal got a 1.8 and the hertz got a 1.6?

and those awards mean nothing the focal 165v2 won EISA, could be wrong but im pretty sure hetz was competing and lost... rightfully could be augured.. my point is no one review is non-bias

Comment

MegaloRESE15: Enjoy your compo!

It's clear that Mr. Focal here has a big mounth, unfortunatly big mounths also come with small brains usually

Mr Focal, we know your opinion on focal, you've expressed it more than needed already, but you really have to stop acting like there's nothing else.

MegaloRESE15 likes his hertz compo's, you like focal Be's and I like my peerless/seas combination of compo's..... SO WHAT? Different people, different tastes....
                              Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
                              CLARION HX-D2
                              CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
                              CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
                              CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Working...
                              X