someone with knowledge with amps/subs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone with knowledge with amps/subs

i puchased a 07 Civic Coupe Ex w/ navigation.

i installed a Hifonic's Zeus 2x500 watts amp w/ 2 12in JL w6v2. also PAC installed. dunno if its still good (might not be problem)

the problem is when i play my music sometimes the subs go really loud. and dont stop until i turn off my car. this happens when i drive. or brake. and even when i turn off my audio on the car with the navi still on. can anyone help me narrow down wats wrong.

check your power and ground.
    you're getting external signal in your signalpath.
    Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
    CLARION HX-D2
    CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
    CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
    CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

what does external signal mean? sorry. im new with this all i know is to install and play. :P

Comment

well, other than music signal, you are possibly getting noise due to power that jumps from your power cable to your RCA's.

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

so because of this it will even have the loud sound even if my audio are off?

Comment

hmmmm..... You didn't say you had any noise the moment you weren't playing any music..... You said you had noise up untill the moment you turned off your car.... So what is it now...

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

the noise comes out of no where. for example.

i drive for like 5 mins with everything fine. then all of a sudded the loud sub noise comes up. only way to turn it off was to turn off the car.

another time i turned off my radio. and the loud sub noise came up. same thing again. only way to turn it off is to turn off the car.

i dont really know whats causing this but i would like to know. some people tell me its the stock HU but. i dont know why the stock HU will do that

Comment

this happens a lot of times. not only once or twice. but lots.

Comment

NOW you're giving some info..... check your wiring first. Let's see if it solves the problem. Make sure your RCA's and powerwire are TOTALLY separated, and tightend really well. You should be able to pick up your amps by the powerwire and sling it around so to speak.

CLARION HX-D2

Comment

ok ill try that tomarrow morning if its not it then i am so lost. lol

Comment

Stops ONLY when the car is turned off...
                      What did you wire the remote of the amp to? Did you connect it to the remote wire of the head unit or did you wire it to ACC? If the amp is wired to ACC, you really should disconnect it and wire it to the remote lead out of the HU. It sounds to me like you are not only getting signal interference, but also have your wiring a little mixed up. If the amp's remote is wired to the remote of the HU, the amp should shut off with the HU, thereby ceasing ANY noise introduced prior to the amplifier, which would eliminate all output from the subs.
                      You also may be losing the internal transformer of the amplifier, which could cause you to damage other components, such as the subs and even the battery. I hope you have an in-line fuse between the battery and amplifier.
                      True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
                      -Socrates

Comment

check your remote wire as said above... Also where did you tap into the audio signal from for the PAC Line output converter? i used to have issues running the LOC off of certain speaker lines.

Comment

Working...
                        X