500W Sub not hitting hard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500W Sub not hitting hard

Hey all. I've just completed my setup and I'm having trouble finding a problem. I molded a sub box into my trunk for my 12" Type R sub, and just put it in last week. I'm running this on an alpine MRD-605 (600watt) amp. The problem is the sub barely does anything. The only way I could tell it was actually plugged in was because of a little bit of movement of the cone, however I can crank the music and it still doesn't hit very hard. I'm just wondering what the problem could be. I'm running:

Laptop-----> Audigy 2 NX USB sound card------>MRD-605------>12" Type R.

At first I thought the problem was the laptop built in soundcard not being able to put out any low end bass, but I just installed the audigy NX usb and nothing has changed.... Any ideas?

Check to see if the bass is turned down or if there are settings for your card based on your speaker setup. Are you having the pc handle the crossovers and such?

Comment

nvm, was a stupid problem, too embarrassing to divulge here

Comment

heheh... come on.. you can tell us.. we wont laugh

Comment

No problem or question is stupid if you learn something from it. I'm glad ya got it working.

Comment

it's horrible when you left your crossover all the way down and you just get the notes below 20 HZ .
            Design [000000000-]90%
            Parts [000-------]30%
            Installation[----------]0%
            Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

Actually I was using the wrong cable... Using a Y RCA splitter instead of a stereo to 2 phono plugs.

Comment

everybody has had a really stupid problem, that only happens to smart people how learn how to do things by thenself.
                Design [000000000-]90%
                Parts [000-------]30%
                Installation[----------]0%
                Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

Working...
                X