X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project setup help (serious not talk)

okay so here's my projected setup for my 2000 Civic EX coupe

(have) pioneer 6800MP h/u
    6.5" 125w-RMS Polk MMC6500 components (front doors) (190$ shipped via pricegrabber)
    (have) 6x9 70w-RMS Kenwood 6903ie 3-way Co-Axials (rearDeck) (55$ bestbuy)
    (have) Amp- Profile HA1040 (105shipped via amazon)
    Subwoofers- Eclipse sw6124BXD From CircuitCity (400 +tx @ cc)
    Amp- Alpine mrp-m650 400w-RMS x 1@ 4ohms (206$ shipped via pricegrabber)

How should i wire this setup? 16/18g wire for speakers to amp?
    -can i run 1 4g and split it to 8g to both amps?
    -is the small battery in my civic going to be able to handle this?
    -anything else i need to know/should know?

are those good prices any better prices for what i can buy? is there any other amps that are cheaper.

give me some input & advice basically thats what i really need.

the battery is only used for starting your car.

You should be more concerned with your alternator size.

Your amps are 80 x 4 (more like 40 x 4 since it's profile) and 400 x 1.

So you're looking at 560 watts RMS.

That's nothing to be too worried about.

If all you're worried about is how cheap you can get your amps you're in for great dissapointment. You get what you pay for in car audio.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I don't have experience with the Profile HA line, but the AP line is great budget amp, in fact one of the best budget amps, an is great for noobs how want something nice, those were my first amps, and one of then is 2 years old, and i abuse it an still rocks.

About your cable 4g is enough for what you want and let you do some upgrade in the future is you want to, but the bigger the better.
      Design [000000000-]90%
      Parts [000-------]30%
      Installation[----------]0%
      Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

to the top

Comment

no response to the last two posts? not what you were wanting to hear? why bump it when you've gotten to responses?
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

sorry RedGTIvr6 i should have posted these questions but i was in a rush out the door. btw, i used to have a mk4 vr6 gti before i got this civic, and i used to have a 96 mk3 2.0 before the mk4. here are some more questions, and i thank you VERY much. this is goign to be the THIRD system i install, but i want it sound and perform 10x better than my previous setup's.

how will it sound? are the amps good enough? im not to worried about price, but if there is any better prices than what i have listed i'd like to know.

if i shouldn't be concerning my battery, ishould be concerning my alternater, what should i bee lookign at it for? i can pop my hood and look at it all day (not really) but it doesnt reawly change much lol. iknow the alternater generates the power while the car is running, and the compacitor charges a cell to provide power when it hits too hard for the alternater (correct??)

i probaly wont be upgrading very much from this setup which is why i asked is running the 4g and splitting it to 8g good idea? or spliting it go 4g? is 4g too big, do i NEED the 4g?

the speaker wire should be 16 or 18g? is there any wiring diagrams specific for my car on how people have wired it? i know how to wire it but id like to see any tricks or shortcuts for my car.

are the kenwoods (co-axials) sufficient or should i upgrade them to the mmc6500's with adapter plates in the rear?

is the system going to sound loud? hit hard? what am i going to hear from this setup?

what are the little stuff for wiring that i will need(terminals, crimps etc)? how big should my inline fuses from the battery be?

any advice that i should know before installing it without regretting anything?

should i buy an equalizer or a crossover? the mmc6500's have crossovers already, but im afraid that since the kenwoods are coaxials they wont be able to handle the same amount of power, or can i adjust it throught the amp?

ive installed systems in my last two cars and it was easy for me to do and sounded fine, but i didnt use an amp to the 4 speakers in the cab. i had a power akoustik 800w 4xCh powering the sub (infiniti 1250w i think) with infiniti matching speakers powered by the h/u (alpine 9801) the speakers didnt sound how i liked(probaly because they weren't amplified) which is why im going to do everything right the first time in this car and i just want to make sure its going to sound how i want and i dont want to cheap it out.

Comment

PhrequenC-

I deleted your double post. Since you have less than 5 posts, your posts are moderated. If it was a glitch in the forum then don't worry about it.
              System always under construction

Comment

Those amps are not exactly the best. If you want a little better quality and a good deal,

Blaupunky Velocity amps (look around for these VA4100 VA2200, VA1400), or Rockford25toLife punch45,75 or 150 @millionbuy.com are a few amps that are better than what you are looking at but will not hurt your wallet.

As far as the speakers go, go with a sound that you like.

Please keep in mind this site is about installing carputers and not all about car audio. Please see this thread.
                System always under construction

Comment

[QUOTE=PhrequenC;1072191]sorry RedGTIvr6 i should have posted these questions but i was in a rush out the door. btw, i used to have a mk4 vr6 gti before i got this civic, and i used to have a 96 mk3 2.0 before the mk4. here are some more questions, and i thank you VERY much. this is goign to be the THIRD system i install, but i want it sound and perform 10x better than my previous setup's.

how will it sound? are the amps good enough? im not to worried about price, but if there is any better prices than what i have listed i'd like to know.

if i shouldn't be concerning my battery, ishould be concerning my alternater, what should i bee lookign at it for? i can pop my hood and look at it all day (not really) but it doesnt reawly change much lol. iknow the alternater generates the power while the car is running, and the compacitor charges a cell to provide power when it hits too hard for the alternater (correct??)

Originally posted by PhrequenC View Post
                  i probaly wont be upgrading very much from this setup which is why i asked is running the 4g and splitting it to 8g good idea? or spliting it go 4g? is 4g too big, do i NEED the 4g?
                  If you're not going to upgrade 4g main and split to 8g is ok.

the speaker wire should be 16 or 18g? is there any wiring diagrams specific for my car on how people have wired it? i know how to wire it but id like to see any tricks or shortcuts for my car.
                  I like to use 16 o 14 for speakers and 12 for subs, remembre always the bigger the better.

are the kenwoods (co-axials) sufficient or should i upgrade them to the mmc6500's with adapter plates in the rear?
                  If you're going with coaxials get Pioneer Revs if you can, those are the best coax i have try, and i have try those Polk, Alpine, Diamond, and some other brands, i have read in other forum than re PG Rsd are great to. But Kenwood make great equipment.

is the system going to sound loud? hit hard? what am i going to hear from this setup?
                  Hard to tell it depends much on the car, but as general rule it should be loud inside.

what are the little stuff for wiring that i will need(terminals, crimps etc)? how big should my inline fuses from the battery be?
                  Terminals for battery and ground, distribution blocks for the power, fuse holder and fuse for the main power cable

any advice that i should know before installing it without regretting anything?
                  Make an installation plan before start.

should i buy an equalizer or a crossover? the mmc6500's have crossovers already, but im afraid that since the kenwoods are coaxials they wont be able to handle the same amount of power, or can i adjust it throught the amp?
                  Eq is nice if you dont like how it sound, but install your system and hear it, then decide if you need to improve the sound, crossover is not necessary unless your amps dont have or you want to go active, the internal crossover of most amps is enought to almost everybody.

ive installed systems in my last two cars and it was easy for me to do and sounded fine, but i didnt use an amp to the 4 speakers in the cab. i had a power akoustik 800w 4xCh powering the sub (infiniti 1250w i think) with infiniti matching speakers powered by the h/u (alpine 9801) the speakers didnt sound how i liked(probaly because they weren't amplified) which is why im going to do everything right the first time in this car and i just want to make sure its going to sound how i want and i dont want to cheap it out.
                  This is imposible, the only way to know how a system will sound is after installation, so go ahead, do it right and enjoy your system. And visit www.caraudio.com for more info on caraudio.
                  Design [000000000-]90%
                  Parts [000-------]30%
                  Installation[----------]0%
                  Integration[000-------]30%

Comment

Originally posted by symon_say View Post
                    I like to use 16 o 14 for speakers and 12 for subs, remembre always the bigger the better.
                    This is not true. You don't want to use too big of a wire, especially on tweeters. You will have a slight time delay in your higher frequencies if you use the same size (or larger) all over than what's really needed. We aren't running 18/4 to our tweeters for no reason.

If you're going with coaxials get Pioneer Revs if you can, those are the best coax i have try, and i have try those Polk, Alpine, Diamond, and some other brands, i have read in other forum than re PG Rsd are great to. But Kenwood make great equipment.
                    On this note I would recomend that the OP actually go listen for themselves and find out what THEY like.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                    X