Need Help Installing Alpine Ida X001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Installing Alpine Ida X001

I JUST GOT AN ALPINE IDA XOO1 FOR MY BIRTHDAY...HERE IS THE PROBLEM IT WONT POWER UP UNLESS I HAVE THE RED AND YELLOW CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER AND THE BLACK GROUNDED....THIS KEEPS IT FROM TURNING OFF WITH THE CAR....ALSO THE WIRE HARNESS HAS TWO YELLOW WIRES ON THE FACTORY SPECIFIC UNIVERSAL HARNESS WHY IS THIS? IT ALSO HAS TWO BLACKS AND MY ALPINE HEAD UNIT HAS ITS OWN HARNESS WITH ONE YELLOW AND ONE BLACK...CAN ANYONE HELP ME MAKE THE CONNECTIONS SO IT WORKS? ALSO I GOT IT WORKING BUT TRIED PUTTING IT IN THE DASH AND SOME WIRES CROSSED AND IT WENT OUT....I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BLOWN A FUES BECAUSE WHEN I TRIED CONNECTING THE OLD UNIT IT WOULD GET ANY POWER.....iM JUST HOPING I DIDNT RUIN THE NEW ONE...I THINK THE CONSTANT HIT THE GROUND....IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME THAT WOUYLD BE GREAT....IF YOU WANT YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]..

I suggest contacting Alpine and obtaining the installatio manual. It's likely to be available on their website.
    Once you have the manual, read it.
    Once you've read it, study the wiring diagrams.
    Once you understand the wiring, then install the unit in your car.

Now that you've gone and "crossed wires" It's very likley that you screwed something up. If there's a fuse, first try replacing that. You might also check the fuse for the stereo in your fuse blockl.

But then again, you may be screwed.

Also, please quit typing in all caps. It implies that you're shouting and makes your post difficult to read.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

...I thought you weren't able to do that anymore (writing in caps)

2006 Mazda 3
      Behringer DCX-2496
      JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
      JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

WHAT'S WITH THE CAPS LOCK?!?
        Why do you have the red(ign) jumped over to the yellow(constant)? Are you doing this just so you can have the radio functioning while the car is off? Just be aware that this may lead to more troubles.
        I'm assuming you have a an 02-up chrysler. The harness that you use for those cars have 2 constant (yellow) and 2 grounds (black) because in some situations for different models it may have the true constant or ground as one wire or the other in corresponding colors. In some situations both wires are active. You can tell this by looking at the corresponding pins through the harness on the factory side if there are wires hooked up to those respective pins.
        "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
        "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
        [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Working...
        X