No announcement yet.

Sound is distorted at first, then clears up?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound is distorted at first, then clears up?

I'm having this problem every time my carpc starts up. The very first audio to play, whether it comes from RoadRunner, straight from Winamp, or even iTunes, will be very loud and distorted. When I close whatever I was using and reopen it, or any other program, the sound is completely normal without me having to do anything to the sound levels. I have a SoundBlaster Audigy Live! Value PCI, running 5.1 to a 4ch an 2ch amp. I made sure that my original onboard sound was disabled in hardware manager.

Anyone else had this problem? Heard of this problem? Know how to fix this problem? It's annoying having to start Winamp, play a song, close Winamp, and then start RoadRunner. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

It might be the case that road runner is overriding sounds defaults on startup if winamp isn't already open. If winamp is open it uses the current winamp settings. This is probably a better question in the frontends -> Road Runner section of this forum, I don't think it is an issue with your hardware.