Sony Xplod (lol i know) 600w 4 chan amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Xplod (lol i know) 600w 4 chan amp

i was wondering if thats too much power for two 120w and two 170w speakers?

120x2= 240
    170x2= 340
    240+340= 580... is this a problem?

do you know if you can turn the power down?

am i even on the right track with the math?

any help would be great!

You want to look at the RMS ratings and Impedance of the speakers and amps, not the max power. For more information that might help you is on www.the12volt.com has some calculators you can use. This forum is dedicated to the integration of PCs into a car.
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Thanks

yeah... partitioned my laptops harddrive to run a linux gui... installing a touch screen in dash. so i am integrating a computer into the car... but i just had audio questions, which with your help, i think i may have answered!

thanks,

JeffreyKaine

Comment

with a 600 watt sony amp you are proably only getting about 150 - 200 watts if that RMS.. so you needs speakers that can handle about 50 watts RMS.

The speakers power will distribute to the speakers evenly..
        Planning: [==========] 100%
        Software: [======-----] 50%
        Installation: [========---] 70%
        (WorkLog) (Pictures)

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but, unlike charity, it should end there." - Clare Booth Luce

Comment

In that case, WELCOME. I hope if you need anymore help in the future anyone here will be able to.
          "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
          "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
          [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Working...
          X