Woo Hoo! Almost done!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo Hoo! Almost done!

Hi my name is Mike and I have been working on my carputer project for a month or so. I've worked on it whenever I had some free time. I have a 1965 Dodge A-100 Van and have been putting a lot of effort into making the carcomputer look like it really belongs in this van. The Van has been a restoration project of mine for a while. If you want to check it out and see what I am talking about have a look >here<

So I am down to a few issues now that I was hoping that someone here could help me with.

First issue: When selecting an mp3 and loading up under winamp, sometimes instead of hearing the music I hear a very loud noise that sounds like ... well it is hard to describe. It is not a high pitched whine like interference, it is more like the sound is repeating at full volume 1000times a second. I first heard it when playing a stereo test mp3 that is used to demonstrate the quality of your system so I thought it was just starting at the top with some kind of noise and would lower down to the deepest bass. Nope, it was just messed up. ** IF you skip ahead in the song it fixes itself !! **. Yep, seems like an issue starting the song or something. IF I just jump ahead a bit it goes away. If I start the song over it is still perfectly fine. It seems to only happen occasionally when starting a new song. I am using the latest winamp and I am using stereo tools version 2.10 plugin

Second problem: When windows is loading it inits the sound card and pops the speakers. I am using a chaintech 710 pci sound card since it is supposed to be a nice card for the money. I have the amp turn on wired to my m2-atx and it works as intended by turning on after the computer and avoiding that pop. But now I need to figure out how to bypass the windows startup pop.

All windows sounds are turned off.

Using the latest roadrunner with digitalfx 2.22 skin.
    Latest Winamp 5.35 I think it is? Stereo tools 2.10 (which is an awesome plugin btw)

MSI VIA chipset P4 running a 1.8Ghz Celeron
    1GB Ram PC2700
    Windows XP Pro all the latest updates installed

I don't know what else you'd need to know but just ask.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Well you're first problem still sounds like a software problem. I've never experanced that so I wouldnt be much help there.
    As far as your 2nd problem, If you get a pulse timer relay, some of which now are programmable or just uses a pot to adjust the delay, that might help you out alot. I believe DEI makes a manually adjustible one, the 555T (dont quote me on the model number) but there are some to chose from. So once adjusted, when the pulse timer detects the remote line it goes along the preset time limit before the relay is activated.

I hope that helps you some.
    By the way, Great job so far. Everything looks awesome so far.
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175 View Post
      Well you're first problem still sounds like a software problem. I've never experanced that so I wouldnt be much help there.
      As far as your 2nd problem, If you get a pulse timer relay, some of which now are programmable or just uses a pot to adjust the delay, that might help you out alot. I believe DEI makes a manually adjustible one, the 555T (dont quote me on the model number) but there are some to chose from. So once adjusted, when the pulse timer detects the remote line it goes along the preset time limit before the relay is activated.

I hope that helps you some.
      By the way, Great job so far. Everything looks awesome so far.
      I couldn't find a pulse timer that would leave the 12v on until I turn the power off. Seems that they want to turn it on for the adjusted time. So the amp would go on and then turn off after 90 seconds. Unless I am reading it wrong.
      I might end up just installing a toggle switch up front somewhere to manually turn on and off the amp after windows starts.

Comment

It may still be possible to still use a pulse timer in conjunction with a series of relays. It may be more complex than you'd like, I thought so, thats why I went the simple route like you said and used a toggle switch.
        "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
        "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
        [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Working...
        X