Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to turn on the AMP by a carputer

People

We know that the AMP has a remote control, that comes from cd-player, and control it to turn on or off, but how we can turn it on controled by a carputer, mainly a notebook? How you do it? Tkssssss

well the Carnetix:

Features:

* 140 Watt Dual Output Regulator
    * Jumper selectable main output of +18/+19/+20V
    * Jumper selectable secondary output of +12V/+13.5V or +5V
    * Survives Engine Cranking under full load over entire temperature range
    * Includes sophisticated Startup/Shutdown Controller
    * Includes sturdy aluminum chassis with variable speed fan suitable for car environment Field upgradable flash microprocessor
    * Low battery monitor prevents drained battery, even during Standby/Sleep
    * "Anti Thump" delayed remote control for audio amplifiers
    * Remote "Pulse Start" from wireless device or car alarm/remote start system
    * Over current protection on both outputs with graceful forced shutdown of main output
    * Powers both your CarPC/Mac AND your screen or USB devices
    * Compatible with Mac mini including startup/shutdown and sleep mode
    * Compatible with Pentium P4-based systems such as Travla C158-120, Sumicom S630, or Xenarc SC8
    * Full, safe support for Windows Standby mode including auto shutdown if PC fails to shutdown
    * Over voltage surge suppression on battery input for protection of harsh automotive environment
    * User replaceable fuse on battery input to protect your car from internal short circuits
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

tks friend, but i dont have a carnetix, just a notebook....

Comment

do you want the amps to turn on when the notebook turns on, or do you actually want to be able to turn on the amp from within windows?

Comment

the accessory wire tends to be a good remote wire. It's on when you turn your key on.
          Planning: [==========] 100%
          Software: [======-----] 50%
          Installation: [========---] 70%
          (WorkLog) (Pictures)

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but, unlike charity, it should end there." - Clare Booth Luce

Comment

If you want the amp to power on when the computer is powered...why not just hook up the remote wire on your amp to the +12v from your psu?

Comment

Originally posted by nobb View Post
              If you want the amp to power on when the computer is powered...why not just hook up the remote wire on your amp to the +12v from your psu?
              You can do this? Will this prevent the amp start-up thump im getting from my ACC wire?

Comment

Originally posted by lexdiamond20 View Post
                You can do this? Will this prevent the amp start-up thump im getting from my ACC wire?
                No. you need a delay for that. Ideally something that waits for windows to load the audio drivers, and then switches on the amps. Every Smart DC-DC, is just a timer, and usually windows has loaded the audio by the time it switches on.

If you want a perfect solution, then get a Fusion Brain or something similar, which can control relays via USB connection.

That way once windows loads, it loads the software for the Brain, the Brain turns on the amp. 100% no thump.
                Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

I wrote a program that will let you control your amp via your serial port. I just put the program into the startup folder, so that it will start after windows has loaded bypassing the popping noise. I just cut open a serial cable that I had and found the wire that my program was controlling, no more pop .

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX View Post
                    I wrote a program that will let you control your amp via your serial port. I just put the program into the startup folder, so that it will start after windows has loaded bypassing the popping noise. I just cut open a serial cable that I had and found the wire that my program was controlling, no more pop .
                    Is this something you have shared with the forum? I searched for it for about 30 minutes now and have came up with nothing.. Please post a link if you would. It would be most useful. In more ways than one... i.e. amp turn on delay, along with USB CD-ROM power up delay... as my machine wont boot or come back from standby with the ide to usb plugged in. thanks man!
                    Sell me your stuff.. please see what i'm looking to buy
                    http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=75182

Comment

XxAndyxX - why not post that app in the downloads section?
                      Jan Bennett
                      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Sorry, I haven't internet at my house in a while...I'll have it on my home computer on Wednesday and I'll post the app up then.

Comment

File uploaded. I think it needs to be approved before people can see it, but here's the link:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/down...?do=file&id=33

Comment

approved!
                            Jan Bennett
                            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Why can't I download this file, if it's approved.

Comment

Working...
                              X