2002 BMW 330i Amp wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 BMW 330i Amp wiring

I have searched and I thought I'd be able to find a thread on this, but I missed it I guess.

I am replacing my HU and I need to power the HK amp. I know what pins are what, but what I need help with is actually finding the switched power wire in the dash that I can hook up to the amp (Pin 10) i think it is.

From the info I have read it seems like the HU doesn't put out exactly a hot/ground for the amp?

Can anyone help, it's driving my crazy.

Thanks!

Originally posted by bucsnet View Post
    I have searched and I thought I'd be able to find a thread on this, but I missed it I guess.

I am replacing my HU and I need to power the HK amp. I know what pins are what, but what I need help with is actually finding the switched power wire in the dash that I can hook up to the amp (Pin 10) i think it is.

From the info I have read it seems like the HU doesn't put out exactly a hot/ground for the amp?

Can anyone help, it's driving my crazy.

Thanks!
    Pin 10 at the amp or the radio harness? Pin 10 @ the radio harness should be the speed sensor wire and is black/white. If you are looking for a switched 12volt wire, you can use a green wire at the ignition harness. If your cig. lighter is switched, you can use that too(don't know what color it is).

Comment

Oh ok...I think I see what you are looking at. Are you looking at the power connection on the amp itself?

Anyway, if you need a switched 12volt wire you can use pin 5 at the radio harness. It is violet/white at the factory radio harness. Connect this wire to the white wire at the amp and your HK amp will be on with ignition. Look at this

You could always just get the aftermarket wire adaptor to make it easier!

Comment

Working...
      X