Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting all devices together to get audio.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting all devices together to get audio.

So I have an after market alpine deck. Ive got a 7" touchscreen with built in tv Tuner. and I have a pc for in the car. Im running 2 12 subs going to a 2 channel 1000watt amp and my door speakers/ tweeters run to a 600 watt 4 channel amp. How do I connect all the devices to get audio from all?

aux. input on the alpine.

Will probably take an adapter from alpine to get aux. in though.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyTeKk View Post
      So I have an after market alpine deck. Ive got a 7" touchscreen with built in tv Tuner. and I have a pc for in the car. Im running 2 12 subs going to a 2 channel 1000watt amp and my door speakers/ tweeters run to a 600 watt 4 channel amp. How do I connect all the devices to get audio from all?
      I'm not sure what u mean but the way most people do it is by connecting the soundcard in the PC with the different amps, most soundcards have options for running Stereo/2.1/4.1/6.1/7.1 etc. the .1 is the subs just to be real clear!

your setup seems to be a 2.1 since u dont want the tweeters and front door speakers to be on different sound channels, just get 2 3.5mm->RCA cables and a pair of RCA splitters.
      Then check the manual for the soundcard what to connect where. the splitters is to get your front speakers and tweeters to the same channel.
      Swedish site for CarPC's
      http://www.bilpc.info

Comment

Naesstrom,
        well I was looking to keep the Alpine unit for stereo. but if I go the route you are describing how do I connect the audio out from the TV tuner to finish up the setup? better yet is there a way to keep the alpine deck in the picture?

thankx for the input by the way guys.

Comment

Working...
        X