Grand Cherokee Full Volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Cherokee Full Volume

I have a Grand Cherokee limited 2000 with infinity gold system,Does any one know how many turns till full volume, there is no indicator of how loud the radio is, i have to turn the radio 3/4 up for my aplication but how many clicks is that from 0( no sound)?

any one?

Comment

dude, how is anyone supposed to have the answer for this?
      2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser TE
      Car PC Progress:
      Planning.......[---------X-] 95%
      Parts...........[---------X-] 90%
      Fabrication...[---------X-] 90%
      RR Skin........[---------X-] 95%
      View my
      Worklog
      Road Runner Skins
      Website
      Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyracer View Post
        I suppose someone could go purchase a 2000 Grand Cherokee Ltd with the same stereo setup he/she has and test it.

Anyone want to step up for the OP here?
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

As long as he's paying, I'll sign up for duty
          Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
          CLARION HX-D2
          CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
          CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
          CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonnesty99 View Post
            I have a Grand Cherokee limited 2000 with infinity gold system,Does any one know how many turns till full volume, there is no indicator of how loud the radio is, i have to turn the radio 3/4 up for my aplication but how many clicks is that from 0( no sound)?
            if you know where 3/4 is, then just keep going another 1/4 and that is the full volume. and if it doesn't click, then how is anyone supposed to tell you how many clicks full volume is, and even if they did, how would you count the clicks if the radio doesn't do that?

Not trying to make fun of you, but you are pretty much setting us up for it.

Also, it may not matter but why would you need to know this?
            Car PC Progress:
            View my
            Worklog
            Road Runner Skins
            Website
            Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Thats easy. Just get into your car. Insert the key into the ignition and turn on the car. While the radio is on, put the radio at full volume (clockwise) thats 100% volume. If the radio doesnt have tactile clicks then you can mark the peak with a marker. Then count the number of rotations or clicks while reducing volume (conter-clockwise), untill you reach the point you are at 0% volume.
              I dont know why you guys are giving the OP such a hard time. I mean this is totally a legitimate question on a site dedicated to carPCs.
              "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
              "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
              [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

why would you need to know this?
                The process for measuring this seemed so freaking obvious that I didn't bother to post it, but then again, what purpose is it going to benefit you to know where 100% volume is? If you listen to it at what you are thinking is 75% and won't ever turn it up past there, then that will now be considered 100%. Mark it and call it a day.
                Car PC Progress:
                View my
                Worklog
                Road Runner Skins
                Website
                Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

Just in case they had the same car as i do .

Comment

Originally posted by pancit175 View Post
                    Thats easy. Just get into your car. Insert the key into the ignition and turn on the car. While the radio is on, put the radio at full volume (clockwise) thats 100% volume. If the radio doesnt have tactile clicks then you can mark the peak with a marker. Then count the number of rotations or clicks while reducing volume (conter-clockwise), untill you reach the point you are at 0% volume.
                    I dont know why you guys are giving the OP such a hard time. I mean this is totally a legitimate question on a site dedicated to carPCs.
                    Thank you, I had not thought of that and for the folks that dont know why i wanted the radio 3/4, is because this is as far as you can cranck a radio with out getting much Clipping or no clipping at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonnesty99 View Post
                      Thank you, I had not thought of that and for the folks that dont know why i wanted the radio 3/4, is because this is as far as you can cranck a radio with out getting much Clipping or no clipping at all.
                      not true, my radio can go up to 45 (out of 50, meaning 90%) and i still don't hear and clipping/noise (other than that from the bad speaker i have) once i get past that it does distort, but still not too much.
                      '93 Camry - Work Log
                      Progress (Slow and Steady)
                      █████████
                      Phase 1: Planning and Software Procurement
                      Total Cost So Far: $75

Free Laptop Parts (DVD ROM!)

Comment

but there is a bigger chance after the 3/4 that it will.

Comment

wow, so the whole point of this thread is to ask someone where exactly 3/4 volume is so that you have a lesser chance of clipping?

How about this:
                          Turn the radio up until it starts to distort, and mark or note the position, this would be considered full volume, or the max that you will ever turn it up to (unless you upgrade amps, etc.) and turn it back down to your normal listening volume.

Clipping is only a problem if your deck can't handle the power it's trying to put out. If you have a good deck, turning it up to even 100% may not cause clipping, most stock radios aren't built that well though, and the easy way to know if it's clipping is to listen to it; when it starts not sounding right, then it's clipping or otherwise distorting, which can happen at even 15% volume (if something is broken inside the deck) so setting the 75% or 100% mark is futile and pointless. Just set the max that you would ever ever ever listen to it, mark it and turn it back to what you normally listen to it.
                          Car PC Progress:
                          View my
                          Worklog
                          Road Runner Skins
                          Website
                          Favorite thread EVER!

Comment

In addition to that: take music that puts out a strong signal (lots and deep bass). That way, if you listen to other music that ask less from your install, you're sure you are safe!
                            Xenia & Isabelle, totally in love!

'T SQiekenkot: VOLVO 740GL 2.3

CarPC: none at the moment
                            CLARION HX-D2
                            CLARION APA4300HX => Fountek NeoCd1.0 + TB W4-1337SD
                            CLARION APA4300HX => CSS Trio8
                            CLARION APA2100 => Dayton IB385-8

Comment

wow, so the whole point of this thread is to ask someone where exactly 3/4 volume is so that you have a lesser chance of clipping?

How about this:
                              Turn the radio up until it starts to distort, and mark or note the position, this would be considered full volume, or the max that you will ever turn it up to (unless you upgrade amps, etc.) and turn it back down to your normal listening volume.

Clipping is only a problem if your deck can't handle the power it's trying to put out. If you have a good deck, turning it up to even 100% may not cause clipping, most stock radios aren't built that well though, and the easy way to know if it's clipping is to listen to it; when it starts not sounding right, then it's clipping or otherwise distorting, which can happen at even 15% volume (if something is broken inside the deck) so setting the 75% or 100% mark is futile and pointless. Just set the max that you would ever ever ever listen to it, mark it and turn it back to what you normally listen to it.
                              You know what sometimes the comments you make are so the reason why i asked was because i had allready removed the factory speakers and amp and had installed the aftermarket jl 300/4 and 500/1 and did not want to feed the midrange the wrong hz at the 3/4 mark but thank for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X