Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infill G4 in Hummer H3 - finaly done, But...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infill G4 in Hummer H3 - finaly done, But...

Hello To all of you who helped me with my setup (i'll load some picture and thecnical information soon)

The system is now installed and wrking fine except for two things:

1. Still waiting for Centrafuse to release the Radio support for this device

But much more problematic is:

2. To much static noise going to the speakers (even when the car engine is not running)

I've gone over some of the answers in this forum. most of them suggest installing GROUND LOOPS ISOLATION device between my PC Audio out and my after market harness.

CAn anyone tell me if this has realy solved the static noise problem? It seems to get out more noise whenever my carpc has heavy disk access etc.

Many thanks in advane for your help

Haim

if it's static and not alternator whine, then a ground loop probably won't help.

What is the "after market harness" and where is it connected?

As far as picking up hard drive noise, either it's bad drivers, you have a mic installed and it's too close to the PC (or even try muting the mic input on the windows mixer), or the ide cable is too close to the soundcard.

Are you using onboard sound or another card?
    System always under construction

Comment

it could be poor wires as well. but if the car is not running it may still not have a good ground and thus cause the poor sound quality. try regrounding the amp/pc/etc or at least make sure they are making good contact (metal to metal, not metal to paint)

i am going to go with a bad soundcard connection, or bad drivers though. try reinstalling the drivers. if that doesnt work. check the jacks on the sound card. and if that doesnt fix it, i think a sound card upgrade is in order. many soundcards just suck in general. get an external Audigy and have fun
      2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

"When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

DG4L

Comment

Hi There,
        I'm using an Infill G4 Carpc. It's a closed system. I can not change any drivers, HW and so on.

I'm using the PAC C2R-GM24 after market harness to connect the new head unit to the original car harness.

I've double checked all my grounding points and it metal to metal (not plasic anywhere).

So Do you thing a ground loop isolator would not help at all becaus eI'm getting these sounds when the engine is off ?

Comment

One more possible solution?

The ground wire (Balck) to the PC comes out from the PAC C2R-GM24 harness, and not directly from the battery or car body.

Can I try and connect this wire directly to a metal part on the car?

Can this be the solution?

Thanks again for any help

Haim

Comment

Nather test done - static noise is still here

This morning I tried the foloowing:
            I disconnect the +12v And the -12V between the infill g4 head unit and the car harness.

I connected the G4 directly to a 12V power supply coming out of my home.

The static noise was still there, so it seems that if I run the ground directly to the car battery, it would not help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Haim

Comment

After doing som more reading I think I found the solution

Hope thes etwo part will help;

PAC OEM-2
              PAC SNI-35

I'm going to order them tomorrow

Please let me think if it can solve my Static noise problem

Thanks

Haim

Comment

hello haiminger
                have you fixed your static problem?
                I have the same issue here. engine stopped too.

Comment

Regarding the Static problem

Yes the PAC SNI-35 (two of these were needed) totaly stopped the static noise

Comment

Originally posted by haiminger View Post
                    Yes the PAC SNI-35 (two of these were needed) totaly stopped the static noise
                    Dear haiminger,

I have the same problem (same carPC, not the same car ) with the noise even the engine is not running. Please tell me how did you wired because the available wires are only the 4 speakers (6 ohm). Did you wired directly to the speakers? Is it this device proper for low resistance output because I have read that "SNI-35 converts 2 to 40 watts per channel speaker level output into a pre-amp signal. Perfect when adding an amplifier to a factory or aftermarket radio. Great for getting an additional set of pre-amps outputs from a head unit equipped with only one set."

thank you very much for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by amedesign View Post
                      Dear haiminger,

I have the same problem (same carPC, not the same car ) with the noise even the engine is not running. Please tell me how did you wired because the available wires are only the 4 speakers (6 ohm). Did you wired directly to the speakers? Is it this device proper for low resistance output because I have read that "SNI-35 converts 2 to 40 watts per channel speaker level output into a pre-amp signal. Perfect when adding an amplifier to a factory or aftermarket radio. Great for getting an additional set of pre-amps outputs from a head unit equipped with only one set."

thank you very much for the answer.
                      Hi There,
                      The thing is in my type of car there is a pre-amp installed in the factory, So the problem was that the G4 had high signal output, while the Pre-Amp expected a low signal Input. The G4 is not connectted directly to the speakers in a Hummer, It allways via the Pre-Amp, so the PAC SNI-35 was the only thing that solved the problem for the G4 and my Hummer. I'm not sure it's the best solution for any other car also.

Comment

Originally posted by haiminger View Post
                        Hi There,
                        The thing is in my type of car there is a pre-amp installed in the factory, So the problem was that the G4 had high signal output, while the Pre-Amp expected a low signal Input. The G4 is not connectted directly to the speakers in a Hummer,...
                        Thank you very much for this answer. I was afraid about this!

Comment

Working...
                        X