2001 civic double din, posible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 civic double din, posible?

I'm getting lots of mixed answers to this.

In a 2001 civic lx the stereo is a single din with a pocket underneath. I cant see a double din not fitting, but have yet to open it my self and look. I don't have access to the car as its a gift. Crutcfield says it wont fit but I see kits on the net for it. Cant any one with a civic contest if a double din will fit or not?

for example this kit look good, but had a divider, does one cut it?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...Z140148729289\
    but it is ebay..
    UMPC built in to dash.

Winamp, game emulators, Touchpad built in to car, DVD player built in to dash, GPS gamrmin moble pc. IR remote for use of a remote control. ps2 supper mini keyboard for when needed.

Yes the civic opening can be made double din. You just need to cut the divider.

Also it is a perfect fit for a widescreen 7". If you leave the case on, it fits perfectly snug on the top, left, and bottom, and then only that weird shape on the right. This is for the kind with the buttons on the side.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

thx 2k1Toaster, do you know that a stereo will reset all the way back, or just that the opening is big enough.
      UMPC built in to dash.

Winamp, game emulators, Touchpad built in to car, DVD player built in to dash, GPS gamrmin moble pc. IR remote for use of a remote control. ps2 supper mini keyboard for when needed.

Comment

Working...
      X