Amp problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp problems

I just got done this afternoon installing my amp. its a Lanzar VIBE 436. I have a serious problem of the amp just cutting out in the middle of a song. this is my 3rd amp and all of them had the same problem. The first amp i had was a 1000 watt pyramid and it had the same problem. i sent it back and got a 1600 watt pyramid hoping the problem would be solved, it wasnt. and the third one i got today as a gift. but ill try and explain this the best i can. i will be driving down the road and in the middle of a song the bass will just cut out. when this happens the protect light comes on. if i shut the radio off and reset the amp it works again but theres no telling for how long. ive asked numerous people and no one in the area seems to have a clue of what the problem might be. if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreiated.

if you are pushing it hard its prob overheating it, feel it is it getting hot? also, could be not getting enough current from batt?

Comment

on the old amps i did feel it and it was warm to the touch but not terribly hot. and i have thought that maybe my alt isnt big enough and its not getting enought power. its a 2000 watt amp and a 1000 watt sub, im in the process of getting another sub but i want to fix this problem first.

Comment

true, im new to all this CA stuff and having same prob so im gonna keep an eye on this thread

Comment

What load is the amp seeing?
          Aron
          New Ipad
          Zapco DSP-6SL
          Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
          Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
          Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

its a 2000 watt amp with a 1000watt sub

Comment

Originally posted by mikhel22 View Post
              its a 2000 watt amp with a 1000watt sub
              I get a funny feeling that doesn't answer the question adequately.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                I get a funny feeling that doesn't answer the question adequately.
                what is the ohm of the woofer/woofers, and how are they wired.
                Aron
                New Ipad
                Zapco DSP-6SL
                Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
                Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
                Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

Comment

the sub is 4 ohms and its wired channel 1 positive channel 2 negative channel 3 positive and channel 4 negative since its a dual voice coil

Comment

Is it possible you can give us some model numbers of your amp and subs
                    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
                    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
                    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

Originally posted by mikhel22 View Post
                      the sub is 4 ohms and its wired channel 1 positive channel 2 negative channel 3 positive and channel 4 negative since its a dual voice coil

2006 Mazda 3
                      Behringer DCX-2496
                      JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
                      JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

Check your ground connection. I had a pioneer 800 watt amp that did that, it would cut out when I turned it up and the protect light would be on, turn it off then turned it on and it would be fine, sometimes i could surpass the volume it shut off at, but when I inspected the ground when removing it for another amp i found out my ground was somewhat loose.

Comment

Working...
                        X